Can't receive Webster NY PD 460.075

Status
Not open for further replies.

stmpulr

As you can see I am new on here. So with that being said, hello to all.
I can't receive 460.075 on either of my 2 scanners. I just get static and buzzing. Other freqs. work.
I live in Webster village. These are older scanners. (radio shack pro 94 and bearcat 210) Did something change??

Thanks in advance.

jb853

Premium Subscriber
Accodring to the database on this site as well as the NF2G site, that frequency licensed to Webster PD in Monroe County, NY is digitally modulated with NAC code 4CE. You will need a digital-capable scanner to monitor it.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
There are a few threads going in this forum regarding Rochester and Monroe County public safety's switch to P25 (digital), including some information on specific scanners.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
As you can see I am new on here. So with that being said, hello to all.
I can't receive 460.075 on either of my 2 scanners. I just get static and buzzing. Other freqs. work.
I live in Webster village. These are older scanners. (radio shack pro 94 and bearcat 210) Did something change??
If you would read a few previous threads, anything to do with Monroe County or Rochester, you will find all the answers, why's, wherefore's, who's, fixes, etc.

No other police frequencies in the Monroe County system should work on your scanners except for VHF inter-system channels. It's a county-wide police radio system; they all went P25 digital at the same time. It took over two years to get ready for the switch as EVERY police car, portable radio, base station, receiver site, and control units, had to have the new gear installed alongside the current stuff. On Sunday, January 10th in the early morning hours, they made the leap and turned off the analog completely in one shot over a period of 3-4 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.