Can't Receive Wheeling Police and Fire Anymore???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mylan

Feed Provider
As of 16:30 on December 2, 2009, The City of Wheeling's 800 MHZ trunking radio system has completed the rebanding process...... All system frequencies are now exactly 15 Mhz lower than they were....

The RR database DID have the new frequencies listed until last monday when, for some unknown reason, a DB admin removed all the new ones leaving only the original and now outdated and useless frequencies.

remember that all wheeling police and fire frequencies now begin with 85x.xxx

Wheeling City Public Safety Trunking System, Wheeling, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Definitely they are rebanding. It may not be complete, but it has started and here is what you should know already:

1. Program the trunked system as a rebanded system with the appropriate rebanded bandplan

2. Here are the currently active freqs (there may be more, these are the ony ones announced over the control channel thus far):

853.2625 CC

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
What I mean is this:

The control channel does not broadcast all of the frequencies that are in the system UNLESS it sends traffic to one of those other frequencies.

If you sit on 852.2625 (currently CC), the CC information just says that it is a control channel. When somebody attempts to talk on the system, the system then assigns them a channel and a channel # will show up that is converted into a frequency to be seen.

So far, only the four frequencies listed in the DB have shown to be active on the system since it was rebanded. This does NOT mean that there aren't other channels/frequencies on the system. This just means that no others have been seen [by me] by monitoring the control channel.

We could insert _every_ frequency listed on the license, but I already know that EVERY frequency listed on the license is not an active frequency on the trunked system.

So, right now the only ones listed are those that are known to be active. The listed ones are the only ones likely to ever be a control channel.

Mike

Mylan

Feed Provider
ok so yea, nothing is "a given" since all this rebanding can change things ... BUT I bet that it will all remain the same which was:

This TRS has all its primary control channels serving a rotating 24 hour tour of duty.... since the system has three primary control channels, they operate on a 72 hour rotation changing each day at 12:00 AM .... The three primary control channels are:

these frequencies are also the three main voice channels in the system... While one is the active CC the other two are the first frequencies to be assigned to voice users.... Until the system gets busy, no other freqs are utilized but if there is a big storm or another time when the system gets lots of use at one time, the system assigns freqs in the following order:

851.5375 (the alternate cc)
+++++++
i have never seen these last two used so I don't know which order they would fall within the system

whgwvscanner

Feed Provider
I noticed this after I could not hear anything any more and was picking up different departments. I have updated on my Live Feed btw.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Jordan,

Your feed is great. Everything sounds perfect. I had originally thought the audio was a bit loud, but it's not distorted and after more listening I think it sounds just right.

Thanks for adding that great feed to the area.

Mike

whgwvscanner

Feed Provider
Hey thanks! I'm still tweaking it a little bit with the sound. Ha, now I am trying to get my 396 to pick up something. Unsure what's going on with it - I pickup with my live feed equipment but not my handheld.

whgwvscanner

Feed Provider
I have no idea what is going on with my 396 - I can't pick up anything on Whg.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I have no idea what is going on with my 396 - I can't pick up anything on Whg.

Despite what anybody may tell you, this system was officially scheduled for rebanding and has been rebanded. As such, to be sure that you will always be able to track it, you should:

1. Make sure your 396 has the latest firmware
2. Add all known control channels for the system
2. Set a custom bandplan per the Uniden wiki

Firmware Updates
Motorola 800 Custom Bandplan (Rebanding)

Mike

whgwvscanner

Feed Provider
Yep, Should have read the wiki. I was on the correct track and will try it tomorrow

whgwvscanner

Feed Provider
If I would have read the Wiki I would have been running last night. All good now on the 396. haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.