Can't remove avoids

Status
Not open for further replies.

bltaylor86

My 436 seems to be avoiding a couple of channels.

They are in MS,Lafayette,Lafayette County-Oxford, Oxford Police Dispatch (Digital) & Oxford Police 2 (Digital).

I've checked my favorites list on sentital and they are not avoided. I've not selected in my scanner, that I know of, to avoid them. I've removed the system from sentinel, wrote to scanner, added the system back through sentinel, wrote to scanner and they still show up as avoided. I selected them on my favorites list and selected Remove Avoid even though didn't show just in case. I can stop avoiding in the scanner but when I upload from scanner and then rewrite to scanner they show up again. I couldn't find anything in the manual to help so here I am.

The Oxford Police 2 (Digital) shows AVOID and Oxford Police Dispatch (Digital) shows ...AVOID on review avoids.

I believe OPD is encrypted but I ran across this issue playing around and didn't know if it was on my end (most likely) or something coming from the RR database.

marksmith

The RR database would not pull in any automatically avoided talkgroups.

If you can unavoid them in the radio, do that, then read the radio into your pc. Should be good.

I often make changes on the fly in the radio, and for that reason, usually read the radio to the pc before doing updates and then read back to the radio. It always takes care of this type of issue.

I have run into a couple odd things in sentinel from time to time and this usually resolves

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

bltaylor86

Yea I didn't think RR would be doing anything like that but I just wanted to ask the dumb question. So I went into the FL and unavoided both channels, read from the scanner to sentinel, uplugged and checked and they are still showing avoided. I've never set these two channels to avoid because they're not within the location I'm using right now so I would not have even set a temp avoid if they had come up. What am I missing? They're not something critical but now it's become "well why the heck is it doing that?"

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
because they're not within the location I'm using right now

There's your "problem". They aren't "avoided", they aren't being scanned because Location Control thinks they are out of range.

bltaylor86

I'm not trying to scan them. I live over 100 miles from these two channels so I couldn't hear them if I wanted. My issue is that they are showing in my Avoids list on the scanner, I tell it to stop, read from the scanner to sentinel, unplug my scanner and they show up again in my FL under review Avoids.I only discovered it when I was messing around in the menu and seeing what does what and they showed up, along with other I know I hit Avoid for. I cycle the power and the TEMP AVOIDS go away like they should but these two channels still keep showing up.

I've checked my FL on sentinel and they are not checked as avoid. I removed that system and appended back into my FL and again they showed up as avoided. It's got to be something on my end but I zero clue what.

MFCJR

From what I see Oxford Police Dispatch and Police 2 are DMR. Are you not set up for DMR? That could be the issue.

bltaylor86

No I'm not setup on it but the scanner shouldn't be setting individual channels as avoids because of that I wouldn't think. They're still out of my listening rage that I care for but I'm not getting the DMR just yet until I see more agencies in my area switching to it. Just not ready to pay the upgrade fee really.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Any chance they are assigned to a Department which has its Department Quick Key off? A "turned off" Quick Key will show up as Avoided when Avoids are reviewed.

bltaylor86

Double checked and every QK that exists in my FL is enabled. I did not set up these two channel on any QK. I've also gone through and triple check any avoids I might have and these still show no avoids set in the FL. Is this some random glitch with these two channels on my scanner? It's really baffling.

bltaylor86

Side note. I enabled the full DB and did a review avoids. There are a huge number of channels that come up as avoid in the DB. Does this have to do with a different trunked system they are on that I can't monitor? I vaguely remember something being mentioned elsewhere that they could be avoided because they are on a trunked system that I can't monitor. If I find it I'll add a link.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Avoids have nothing to do with Location Control. Location Control is completely automatic, except for setting the Range parameter. Avoids are always set or cleared manually. You probably Avoided the system(s) in Sentinel.

Status
Not open for further replies.