Can't search database from ARC software

Status
Not open for further replies.

LisaNels

Premium Subscriber
I've had ARC software for my old scanner for years, now I'm getting a new scanner (BCD536hp) and might purchase the ARC software for it. BUT

When using the RR feature of the ARC software, you don't get the ability to search all areas. Or at least I don't know how! See the attached screenshot. I connected, chose Oregon, Baker county, and only get the official Baker county and Municipalities frequencies.

I know a company that is there should show up somehow, and I can find it using the FCC license lookup. There should be a way to do this from the regular RR search screen both on the web site and on the ARC software dialog...

See both attached screenshots. Please educate me if I'm missing HOW to do this!
Thanks!

Attachments

• RR.jpg
    RR.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 136
  • RR-2.jpg
    RR-2.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 141

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Moved to Scanner Programming Software since it isn't a RR database issue.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber

I know a company that is there should show up somehow, and I can find it using the FCC license lookup. There should be a way to do this from the regular RR search screen both on the web site and on the ARC software dialog...

See both attached screenshots. Please educate me if I'm missing HOW to do this!
Thanks!

There is no raw dump of FCC listings into the RR database. The RR database is a member driven resource that lists frequencies that have been verified as being in use in their particular areas by listeners.

If the frequencies are not shown in the RR database here:

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=2205

They will not be available through the ARC or Sentinel software until someone in your area that has verified the frequencies in use submits them to the RR database admins here:

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/submit/?ctid=2205

LisaNels

Premium Subscriber
Ok, well I recently submitted several frequencies we use for our volenteer fire department in Baker CO, OR, and the submission was rejected because the frequencies are already in the database, BUT they also do NOT show up.... Explain please?

LisaNels

Premium Subscriber
So if I listen to those frequencies that I find in the FCC license section I need to submit them for this county? What if they are also used in other locations like the ones I submitted the other day?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber

LisaNels

Premium Subscriber
Here's one frequency I submitted:

Burnt River volunteer fire department, Baker County, OR
REDNET 151.3400 CG 156.7 TX 151.3400 CG 156.7

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
As far as you question goes on the Cement Company, that listing is not found in the RR database for Baker County Oregon. Thus ARC will not see it. That's more on Radio Reference's end as why that is not listed.

See: https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=2205

That 151.340 frequency appears to be part of the Oregon Department of Forestry radio plan. See: https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=1177

While local fire departments may have the frequency programmed in their radios, it is still "owned" by the state forestry people. And since it is listed there, the "RR Powers" have declined to post it elsewhere. Kind of makes sense if it is listed once for every county, it would lead to redundant/repetitive scanning.

Of course there is nothing that keeps you from manually programming in your scanner in whatever system you wish.

LisaNels

Premium Subscriber
I did notice a "National" group, and the frequency is in there also under the Inter-agency Fire Center. Just thought that RR was a way to find local frequencies. RR won't be much help if I need to know the agency in my area that I want to listen to, and the frequencies. If the search by lat/lon allowed more than 4 miles range, that could be helpful.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
If you are getting a 536, I'd suggest using the Sentinel Software (which is free) at least in the beginning.

This "flavor" scanner is a whole new ball game. Programming and operation are much different. Kind of like comparing a computer with word processing to a typewriter.

I do have the ARC software for my 536 scanner. About the only thing I'll use if for is "prettying up" my Favorites List. The lion's share of scanner programming, especially with importing radio system data, is done with Sentinel.

LisaNels

Premium Subscriber
Thanks! Mine arrives tomorrow and I can't wait!
I'm hoping that the zipcode thing will pull up a lot of these frequencies I'm looking for, then I think I can add the active ones to my favorites list?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
The zipcode feature is a great starting point. It will "bring in" all the frequencies, etc. for your area, which would include those statewide frequencies you mentioned.

You can also create a Favorites List either from Sentinel or when you land on something of interest when "zipcode scanning" you can add that to a Favorites List.

There is a lot to learn with this new scanner. Give yourself permission to be confused, frustrated and perhaps even overwhelmed at first. Most all of us have been there and gotten past it as time goes on.

Most important thing to remember: You won't break the scanner with incorrect programming. You can always wipe the slate clean and start over, a lot easier than with older model scanners. The Uniden section has lots of posts for those just starting with this scanner. There are also excellent YouTube videos.

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
Unlike other software you can do a live search in the RR database from ARC536 and other ARC programs.
Go to Tools _ Radioreference Frequency Search. Now enter the frequency, optional a subtone and 3 states to search in. This also works from virtual control.

Gommert
Butel Software

Status
Not open for further replies.