cant seem to get good freq for milwaukee

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpoke5

Premium Subscriber
Hello all, Im new to the forums but been scanning for years. I have a pro 95 scanner with all the 800 and 400 mhz channels installed for milwaukee police but most of them dont seem to work. I know the system has had troubles but im not sure if my scanner is setup correctly for this system. I use win 95 ver 000.13 to connect to my scanner. anyone have info on this????

do i have to add fleet map or trunk info to get this working? I have the 800 mhz set to mot and the 400 set to fm. Im useing my scanner to provide a feed for an iphone app and I think the cable out may be causing some interference but not sure. I live 20 miles from Milwaukee and never had trouble untill now.

looking for milwaukee codes that will work for milwaukee as the data base codes dont seem to help??/

thanks!!

Jeff

WIscannerguy24

Premium Subscriber
City of Milwaukee is on an 800MHZ Harris Corp Open Sky radio system no scanner can decode the system. The wattage on the 460 MHZ seemes to be turned down because I live in Waukesha and use to get the 460 MHZ system great but since they have switched over to Open Sky I can hardly get anything.

jpoke5

Premium Subscriber
I'm still hearing all of the old 460 Mhz channels in Fox Point.

Dick

Yes, I do get a few of the 460 but my reception is kind of bad. Im thinking of getting an antenna but not sure what to get. I seen a few that are scanner mounted but just a lot longer, no sure how good this will be??? They also have indoor types I can hang on the wall but are more money and dont want to waste my money on the wrong antenna.

anyone have suggestions on whats best for 400 range mhz?? Im about 20 miles north of milwaukee police.

I also just got a 9 volt 300 ma power supply form radio **** but getting lots of hummmmm and dont know what to do about it? I did move the power cord to several locations but that dont seem to help much. I will be looking for an inline noise reducer for my connection to the usb device but dont know if they even make that sort of thing?

Im providing a feed for a iphone scanner app so I have an earphone cable running to a usb sound device and would really like to get this humm thing worked out...

Jeff

rvictor

You might want to consider a mag mount antenna such as the Larsen 150/450/800. For indoor use you can place it on top of a file cabinet or on a cookie sheet or pizza pan. You can also use it on a vehicle for mobile operation. It should give you good results on all three frequency ranges.

Keep in mind that at some point the MPD may no longer be monitorable, so you may want to take that into account when you decide on an antenna.

Dick

Status
Not open for further replies.