Can't seem to hear P25 in Summit County.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wmlovell

Premium Subscriber
I know something changed, I didn't hear Aurora nearly as much as I do now.
To the point I needed to change the scan group I had them in, so I could turn them off !!
Don

I have just returned home, a hour and a half ago and have heard NOTHING other then the
Euclid Police, which I am hearing from the Cleveland system.Usually I hear Hudson and Aurora
constantly and haven't heard a peep in 90 minutes.
Something must have changed.

Hmm, could you have Aurora & Hudson turned off?

k8zgw

No have scan list 4 on, and I am now hearing them, but there is still something "a mis"

IF the Old summit P25 is turned off, do I need to add the old channels and TG's to the "new"Marcs IP ?
I just know I'm missing something, hearing Aurora but don't seem to be hearing Hudson or Twinsburg now
and they are now all in the same scan list

northernsummit

Feed Provider
Just saw this thread and thought I'd point out the Summit P25 6F4 site is offline since earlier this morning. There is no control channel talking on any of the previously listed CCs. Two nights ago while watching the CC I noticed incredibly little traffic (Barberton mostly) and the RRDB for Summit P25 is showing it is now deprecated / offline.

Also, most of the Northern Summit County agencies are showing up on both Summit's new MARCS site as well as at least Cuyahoga County's. I don't watch Portage but I wouldn't be surprised if Twinsburg and Hudson are making it into Portage.

mrc333777

Premium Subscriber
confused as to why it went to 857.6625 for the control channel during the change to MARCS-IP and then back to 858.5125 for the control channel.

Last edited:

northernsummit

Feed Provider
confused as to why it went to 857.6625 for the control channel during the change to MARCS-IP and then back to 858.5125 for the control channel.

I think they rolled all of the channels from P25 into the new site tonight. In unitrunker I now see all four control channels and 20 voice channels. 851.80 mhz is in here taking voice traffic and that is a voice channel documented on the deprecated P25 system.

budevans

No have scan list 4 on, and I am now hearing them, but there is still something "a mis"

IF the Old summit P25 is turned off, do I need to add the old channels and TG's to the "new"Marcs IP ?
I just know I'm missing something, hearing Aurora but don't seem to be hearing Hudson or Twinsburg now
and they are now all in the same scan list
Go to the RR Database for Summit County. Open the MARCS-IP P25 system. As you scroll down the page you will see the Site listing. Click on County to sort the county sites. Scroll down to find the Summit sites with their frequencies.
Next scroll down to the Talk Group lists. It's alphabetic, so scroll down to find Summit County. You will find the updated Talk Group listing.

Wilhelm1234

The new site appeared in the "Import" window of Freescan today and I was able to program it into scanner..and it is working... however I still couldn't find any window showing the individual groups so I'm stuck trying to lockout and listening to ALL traffic for now!

Status
Not open for further replies.