BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Can't stop Trunking Discovery??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber
Hello!
I've searched all over but haven't found a solution to this. I set up a Trunking Discovery session on a new P25 system and now it just won't stop. I've tried deleting the Discovery session. I've powered the radio off, taken the batteries out and re-started. I've tried disabling ALL the FL Quick keys, but even in this state, where I expect a Nothing to Scan error, it just keeps on Discovering! I tried setting up a new Discovery session on a different system entirely, but after deleting that session the radio goes back to the unwanted Discovery on the P25. I tried removing the antenna and cranking the squech up to 15. That produced Zero signal bars, but Discovery mode kept on trucking. I tried hitting Func+System while it's Discovering. Nada. I just can't seem to kill it. Anyone run into this before? Firmware version is 1.11.17.

Thanks for the help!!

ChrisABQ

I have not had this happen, but try to go back to "Set your location" in the main menu and enter your zip. This should take you back to scanning the full database. The work from there to get your Fav lists back.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Have you connected it to your computer? Make sure your programming is saved in Sentinel first.

I would try "Reset User Settings". Menu>Settings>Restore Options>Reset User Settings.

If that doesn't work try a "Clear User Data". Then re-program the card.

Last edited:

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the replies. I tried setting the zip code to a far away land, then set it back to mine. No change. I tried re-setting the user settings - no dice there either. However I did find that under Select Lists to Monitor there was a new entry for Trunking Discovery. It was set to On. I set it to Off, and all is well again.

Thanks again for the help!

KF4JYE

Premium Subscriber
Actually much simpler way to do this. Press function then system to get out of discovery and return to scan. If you look closely at the bottom right of the display while in discovery, you will see that it explains <F+SYS to SCAN>.

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber
Actually much simpler way to do this. Press function then system to get out of discovery and return to scan. If you look closely at the bottom right of the display while in discovery, you will see that it explains <F+SYS to SCAN>.

Thanks. I did try that, and mentioned it in my first post. It did not work.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
It is because it wasn't in discovery mode. You were scanning a system created as the result of a discovery session.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
However I did find that under Select Lists to Monitor there was a new entry for Trunking Discovery. It was set to On. I set it to Off, and all is well again.

Thanks again for the help!

Pressing <F+SYS to SCAN> only exits the scan mode. Discovery, and maybe close call and quick search, create a fav list that will show up under menu- set scan selection - select lists to monitor. These system created favorites lists do not have a quick key set by default.

You can read the scanner into Sentinel and give it a quick key or edit the profile and turn it on and off there as well. So the only way to stop those system created lists (afaik) is to perform any of the above methods.

Status
Not open for further replies.