Can't use Chrome back button on Radio Reference

Status
Not open for further replies.

hill

Premium Subscriber
Just started today the back button on Chrome on a Samsung Chromebook doesn't work on this site. The only way to go back is click on the Forums at the top of the web page.

Maybe something updated on the Chromebook or the site.

K4EET

Chaplain
Hello @hill,

FYI, the "Back Button" on a Dell XPS8700 PC is also not working with Chrome Version 85.0.4183.121 (Official Build) (64-bit).

73, Dave K4EET

hill

Premium Subscriber
Hello Dave,

My Chrome is only one digit off in the version, so I guessing something updated overnight. Yesterday all was functioning fine and this the only site have seen this issue on, but 90% of my online time is spent on this site. I hate all these automatic updates.

Version 85.0.4183.131 (Official Build) (64-bit)

It works alright on a cheap Samsung A01 Straight Talk phone running Andriod.

Maybe one day we will talk on the Mobileers Repeater, since I have heard you on it. Many times I listen more than talk, but do spend time not too far from that repeater when near work in Jessup.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

hill

Premium Subscriber
The arrows don't work, since they are greyed out. Work on all other sites.

Guess will just have to go back to the main page or main forums page as a work around.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Hello @hill,

FYI, the "Back Button" on a Dell XPS8700 PC is also not working with Chrome Version 85.0.4183.121 (Official Build) (64-bit).

73, Dave K4EET

Odd, I'm using 85.0.4183.121 (Official Build) (64-bit) with no issues...unless I'm not understanding the problem.

K4EET

Chaplain
<snip> Maybe one day we will talk on the Mobileers Repeater, since I have heard you on it. <snip>
By all means, please give me a call on the 146.805 MHz -0.6 MHz (107.2 Hz Tone) repeater. I monitor that repeater 24/7 and will respond to any calls as long as I am awake. Sooooooo, hope to hear your call soon. I am retired so I am home during the week.

73, Dave K4EET

hill

Premium Subscriber
This issue on not being able to go back with the Chrome arrows is Radio Reference wide (Forums, Classified or database).

As I mentioned above the arrows are greyed out. Must have been the some stupid update to Chrome overnight. The only way to go back is click on the tabs at the top of the page and start over.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
I programmed one of the buttons on my Logitech M720 mouse as a "back" button. Works great.

hill

Premium Subscriber
Viewing some websites function fine, but some others won't work with back arrows.

Was on both HRO and the Pryme sites also don't function.

Hit_Factor

Viewing some websites function fine, but some others won't work with back arrows.

Was on both HRO and the Pryme sites also don't function.
I was on HRO yesterday, no problems.

There is a problem on your computer. Time to delete the cache, clean out cookies and run a couple virus/PUP scans. Try running IE or Edge, if those work OK it might not be virus/PUP related.

wtp

the original problem was with a chromebook.
that is like a big phone.
some thing are different.
like different programming for it.

K4EET

Chaplain
@hill, FWIW, my Google Chrome is still at the same revision level today and I checked for updates and was told that mine was up-to-date. That being the case and since my "Back Button" still does not work on this site and a few others that I've noticed, I went ahead and submitted a Report ("Report an issue" link) to Google Chrome. While I do not expect a direct reply to my input, perhaps they will find some issue with handling the "Back Button" on some websites. I also cited this thread for their investigation.

Cheers! Dave, K4EET

Status
Not open for further replies.