Canton, City of TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
I see that the city of Canton, located in Cherokee County, has applied to the FCC to implement a VHF-High band TRS for public safety ops. Based on the emission designator, this will be a Nexedge digital system. No word on when it will be going live.

Pending application

73s

Ron

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
Myself and another have had several speaks with the Canton City Manager and others, they have been working with the vendor and making sure it works properly before being turned up to service (unlike what Motherola does).

I presume the Nexedge is un-monitorable with current technology in scanners.

JP_in_Atl

That will kinda stink..

I've just gotten comfortable with the Analog listening again.

As far as that goes... what does Cherokee EMS use freq wise? I can get the Rescue/Engine/Truck calls, but never hear anything Vehicle to Base or on TAC Channels... I can't help wonder if I'm missing a Frequency... I used what was in the database here for my setup...

Any advice welcome.

Thanks.

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
All the TAC/Fireground channels are simplex, so you would have to be fairly close to hear them. Cherokee dispatches all Fire/EMS on 154.2200, I'm quite sure that they use cell phones to contact the hospital when in route.

ngawx

All the TAC/Fireground channels are simplex, so you would have to be fairly close to hear them. Cherokee dispatches all Fire/EMS on 154.2200, I'm quite sure that they use cell phones to contact the hospital when in route.

One TAC channel is on a repeater. "6" is on a repeater.

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
Yeah, that was the OLD Atlanta North Ambulance Service frequency when it was private. I can't remember the last time I heard anything on it.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Great, wonder how long untill Cherokee County comes on board with this........ =(

unlikely. I think they would migrate to the Cobb DTRS and surrender their 800 licenses to Cobb for a buildout of sites in Cherokee (ala Pine Log) to extend the Cobb system further north.

The real question is when will ISSI/zone roaming be enabled and we finally get that metro wide smartzone omnilink 800 trunking system we've only been trying to build for the past two decades?

oh wait, I know, we'll have to buy the next phase II solution and spend half a billion dollars with Motorola, then maybe we might get what we pay for...NOT.

Status
Not open for further replies.