canton pd

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluefox2163

im not hearing any transmissions on the canton pd freq 453.7000 have they moved or switched onto a new sxstem?

awasser1

Premium Subscriber
Maybe there's a strange alien force over your way. You couldn't hear Simsbury a couple weeks ago LOL>

bluefox2163

canton

something is going on can anyone out there tell me if they are still recieving canton pd on 453.7000 as of 11/16/2009? thankyou!

cg

Premium Subscriber
Canton is still working fine.
If you use an outside antenna, time to check the coax and connectors.
If you change antennas often, check the BNC connector on the scanner for movement. Once they move, it can break the solder joint inside.

Look at what is between you and the transmitters. Weather, leaves, electrical interference, other radio systems etc all can degrade your monitoring. Remember, a scanner is a broadband receiver. That usually means it doesn't do any one band great, it just does all of them OK.

chris

bluefox2163

i can only use an indoor antenna with a preamp connected thats probably where the problem lies ,i just recently lost simsbury pd but it will come back sooner or later,and now canton just dropped out dont know if ill ever hear them again,could be wind direction,weather,nearby radio towers ect...thanks for your reply..

bluefox2163

canton signal

can someone out there please give me a signal report on canton pd with date and time from some surrounding towns,about a week ago i was hearing them now they just dropped off and i cant hear a peep out of them? thanks!

Berkshire370

Hi,
Try listening to this live feed to check for activity:

Farmington Valley Police, Fire, and EMS
Farmington Valley Police, Fire, and EMS Live Scanner Audio Feed

This is a live scanner feed that is in the Farmington Valley. Avon Fire Avon Police
Canton Fire Farmington Fire Those are just a few. You will hear much more
The audio feeds and recordings on this site are released under a
Creative Commons License
73, Bob WA1KXH

Last edited:

bluefox2163

thanks is there anyway i could get a list of the frequencies being used on that feed? thanks!

bluefox2163

feed

im not sure if im hearing canton or not on that feed I need a live report from someone in the area,is anyone hearing them,its like they just dropped off the face of the earth never had this before,not even gettibg the faintest signal from them,they had to have changed freqs////

bluefox2163

oh happy days

guess what everwhudy canton pd is back on my scanner loud and clear as of today nov 26 2009 i am very pleased thanks for your help have a nice holiday!

Status
Not open for further replies.