CAP over LA

Status
Not open for further replies.

oceans777

Listener
Listening to MAGIC 01 and 03 with BIGFOOT and other players up over the LA area on 271.0. This in response to the NYC plane crash into a building earlier today, CAPs up over many cities. MAGIC 01 also reporting offshore cruiser KILO transmitting on guard freq 243.0. Sounds like a busy day over LA.

Last edited:

DPD1

Probably one of the Nimitz group that's out there... They do a lot of mock civilian intercept training and stuff like that during a major ex. Some kid probably forgot to turn that channel off.

Dave
http://www.dpdproductions.com
- Custom Scanner, Aviation, MURS, GMRS, Marine & Ham Antennas -

oceans777

Listener
Probably so although MAGIC 01 never could track down the transmitter and Navy eventually said they had no vessel "KILO" in the area. I did hear him say it sounded like Navy training excercise. They worked on it until RTB but didn't seem to locate it.

oceans777

Listener
I don't know - I just caught it after they had been up awhile already and am relatively new to the area. I didn't catch any comms as to which air wing or base.

I found a few lists for CA that show MAGIC as F-16 Air Natl Guard though. I know when I was in DC the CAP out of Andrews was ANG after 9/11.
Used to rattle my house in Maryland taking off at night.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.