• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Capacity Plus issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
I use to rent air time from a local Motorola dealer in my area and the way the technician set it up..He has it programmed the repeater in Capacity Plus mode. We came to agreement to end the agreement to use their system. After I spoke with the head technician at the Motorola dealer in my area he told me how to delete the system from my codeplug but I can not delete it out my codeplug it gives me this message "One must be entered"? That would be mean something has to be there for me to delete the system out of my radio I think?

Should I email the tech and ask him to delete it since he used his professional series file "he called it as"? Or am I looking over something in my codeplug that something is left over for that system I am wanting to delete from my codeplug.

Last edited:

ohiohonda

Not as familiar with the motorola codeplugs but i suspect that there need to be one default system left in any of the fields within the program. You should be able to just delete the channel association in the codeplug to remove the system from the radio. In other words just leave the system information in the radio and remove the channels programmed in the radio for the system.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Not as familiar with the motorola codeplugs but i suspect that there need to be one default system left in any of the fields within the program. You should be able to just delete the channel association in the codeplug to remove the system from the radio. In other words just leave the system information in the radio and remove the channels programmed in the radio for the system.

From what I was told by him I would have to delete the whole entire information for the frequency they had me using cause another group user was using the frequency but different info for it. I'm going to call the other shop and speak with their head technician since it's the same company and see if they will let me send my codeplug and let them see what is going on.

Mikek

Premium Subscriber
You can delete the data, but you'll have to keep one entry for every menu item/heading. It can be renamed "List 1" (which is the default), and have all the data cleared out of it. Another option is to copy/paste the default data from another codeplug that hasn't been set up for Cap Plus

RadioGuy7268

You're making it overly complicated. You don't need to call around & chase down a tech. The software just needs one system there to act as a placeholder for that "feature".

If you haven't done it already, make a copy (Save as: ) of the existing codeplug just as a precaution.

Now, Click to add a "new" Capacity Plus system (with no information in it) - then delete the old Capacity Plus system that you no longer want to use. Now write the modified codeplug back into the radio.

It should be that simple.

Hope it helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.