Capacity Plus Turbo with 1 frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

catbird

Premium Subscriber
I have a local utility company that uses only 1 repeater on a Capacity Plus Turbo system. I have programmed it as a MotoTRBO trunked system with very little success. Displays CAP but no TGIDs or RIDs popping up. Anyone had a similar situation or advice? Thanks in advance. I know for a fact there are 4 active TGs.

catbird

Premium Subscriber
Program as ID Search Mode?
Yes sir I have done that.
I have entered the repeater freq as conventional as well. Display shows Color Code of 10, Slot 1&2, and flashes CAP. Monitored most of the day and set record feature but not traffic. Pretty sure a local power system should be somewhat busy.

Last edited:

kma371

QRT
Yes sir I have done that.
I have entered the repeater freq as conventional as well. Display shows Color Code of 10, Slot 1&2, and flashes CAP. Monitored most of the day and set record feature but not traffic. Pretty sure a local power system should be somewhat busy.

Possible it's encrypted?

catbird

Premium Subscriber
The only thing I have seen on the display for this system is CAP, DMR, and DAT. I am not an expert but I wasn`t aware the CAP+ could be a simple repeater. I thought that would be considered a one frequency DMR system. I programmed it as DMR one frequency and see CAP display.

kma371

QRT
The only thing I have seen on the display for this system is CAP, DMR, and DAT. I am not an expert but I wasn`t aware the CAP+ could be a simple repeater. I thought that would be considered a one frequency DMR system. I programmed it as DMR one frequency and see CAP display.

It's would be helpful to us to know what frequency you are trying to listen to as well.

kma371

QRT
Sorry. 153.4400

Just wanted to check the license to see how it was set up or has additional frequencies.

It doesn't appear to be a trunked system so you can set it up as a conventional frequency. Either they just aren't that active or its encrypted and you just aren't seeing it when encryption has been active. Thats my guess based on the info you have provided.

catbird

Premium Subscriber
Just wanted to check the license to see how it was set up or has additional frequencies.

It doesn't appear to be a trunked system so you can set it up as a conventional frequency. Either they just aren't that active or its encrypted and you just aren't seeing it when encryption has been active. Thats my guess based on the info you have provided.
Thank you sir. I asked a very reliable source and was told the system is Capacity Plus TRBO with one main repeater frequency with four talkgroups. I`ll see what pops up setting it up as conventional. Thanks again for your input. I appreciate it.
Richard

werinshades

Premium Subscriber

I wouldn't set it up as a conventional system if it's a MotoTRBO or DMR One-Frequency. I'm seeing many here doing just that and are not receiving properly. If you programmed a Trunk system this way, you'd get the same type of receive results. I'd try reprogramming it as a One Channel DMR system, color code search, set the Slot to "any" and put it in ID Search mode. I also see many entries with Slots 1 or 2 and I have many One-Channel DMR systems and CAP+ and CON systems programmed and do not program slots. If that channel is busy on the programmed slot, it will go to the next slot available. If you're scanner is programmed to receive only one slot, you'll be missing conversations.

catbird

Premium Subscriber
I wouldn't set it up as a conventional system if it's a MotoTRBO or DMR One-Frequency. I'm seeing many here doing just that and are not receiving properly. If you programmed a Trunk system this way, you'd get the same type of receive results. I'd try reprogramming it as a One Channel DMR system, color code search, set the Slot to "any" and put it in ID Search mode. I also see many entries with Slots 1 or 2 and I have many One-Channel DMR systems and CAP+ and CON systems programmed and do not program slots. If that channel is busy on the programmed slot, it will go to the next slot available. If you're scanner is programmed to receive only one slot, you'll be missing conversations.
Thank you. I have the system set up as all 3, conventional, DMR One-Frequency and MotoTRBO.
In the case of MotoTRBO, since it is a single frequency would there be an LCN? I haven't been able to find anything using the LCN Finder feature.

Richard

k3fs

Yes, there is an LCN for the frequency. DSD Plus would give you that information on just a data blip. Unfortunately, LCN finder was unable to get the LCN on the one channel DMR capacity plus system in my area as well.

catbird

Premium Subscriber
Yes, there is an LCN for the frequency. DSD Plus would give you that information on just a data blip. Unfortunately, LCN finder was unable to get the LCN on the one channel DMR capacity plus system in my area as well.
Thank you k3fs. I don`t have DSD Plus set up. I have programmed this system multiple times in my scanner to see if perhaps if something pops up. Set up with LCN 1, LCN2, LCN 3, LCN 4.
LCN should be one of these, correct?

k3fs

Normally one would think so, and in most cases yes. But, there is always a small chance someone programming radios gets bored and decides to have fun.

Setting up DSD plus and sitting it on the one freq for a while will give you all the info you need. You will know the color code, LCN, active TG active unit ID's and if encryption is used.

Unfortunately the 436 is limited in that it does not have control channel output or IF out put to be used with any programs that can help, such as DSD plus.

N1GTL

Database Admin
Create a new system as a MotoTRBO trunked. Just add the single frequency with the LCN as 1. You do not need a color code or TGID.

catbird

Premium Subscriber
TGID 25 popped up so far.
Thank you all for your assistance.
I appreciate the feedback

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.