Capacity Plys System Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
There are two Capacity Plus systems that I want to determine more details about so that I can properly monitor them. I am told that both are 4 RF frequencies. However, on one system I have found 5 active frequencies and the other I have found 6 active frequencies. I am trying to determine the best way to figure out which belong and which don't to each system.

Would it be possible to program each system as a 1 frequency trunked system, even though they might be part of a four frequency Capcity Plus system, and gather any additional helpful information that way? I have a Uniden bearcat BCD325P2. I am hoping that I might be able to log active talkgroups by programming each frequency as a 1 frequency DMR trunked system to get talkgroup information. Anyway, I am wondering if anybody here has ever tried this and, if so, how well it will work?

Ubbe

You can get the TG information, but if you are able to get a decent audio quality from the frequencies you can use DSD+ to get additional info. If you use Ian Wraiths dmrdecode program you get system id, site id and channel info and if there are other sites belonging to the system.

/Ubbe

gary123

I have done something similar. if there is a heavy user on the system I monitor each individual freq listening for that user who has a recognizable call type or dispatch voice. I then mark down what channels he pops up on. After a few days/hours I end up with the 4 or 5 channels used out of the pool of possible channels. I then put them in a system and let the LCN finder do its thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.