cape breton correctional center

Status
Not open for further replies.

hfxChris

Database Admin
I've updated the database to include the Corrections talkgroups, in addition to the Sheriffs talkgroups under the category "Nova Scotia Department of Justice"

hfxChris

Database Admin
Don't feel too bad, I live in Halifax and I very, very rarely hear anything on any of the local Corrections talkgroups. I don't think they really use them that much.

bcd396t

Don't feel too bad, I live in Halifax and I very, very rarely hear anything on any of the local Corrections talkgroups. I don't think they really use them that much.

well i tryed that and still nothing i know theres alot of radio traffic there though cause i was there last week for a little visit and the radios there are quite busy, but im not hearing anything on 752 so i wonder if there using a different system or somthing i tryed doing a search and also a custom search from 25 to 500 but still not getting them im sure the radios they are using are mts2000 motorolas any other ideas?

hfxChris

Database Admin
Well, I know the Central corrections facility in Dartmouth also uses 868.3125 (conventional, not trunked), you might give that a try as well...

DaveH

Well, I know the Central corrections facility in Dartmouth also uses 868.3125 (conventional, not trunked), you might give that a try as well...

Didn't the Trailer Park Boys spend some time there...? :) :)

These facilities don't need (or want) their internal communications to go
out over a wide-coverage system, unless for something like an external
transfer, so 800MHz conventional (as noted) or even low-power trunked
site system is possible. They might even have some simplex channels
in there.

Dave

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
These facilities don't need (or want) their internal communications to go out over a wide-coverage system

I suspect that's the reason.

The Fleetnet Ontario Ministry of Corrections talkgroups are only used for long range communications by vehicles outside of the facility.

All internal communications are on UHF and I suspect most facilities have some sort of internal system.

hfxChris

Database Admin
I've often suspected the only reason they have talkgroups on the provincial TMR is for communication between facilities, or with officers out of range of the facility.

That 868.3125 according to TAFL seems to be licensed for a few of the corrections facilities, so it may be the frequency most of them are using.. simplex, it appears to be

Status
Not open for further replies.