Cape / Launch Monitoring Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator
This is a duplicate post from the Florida forum, but since many of you may not see that - I decided to cross post here.

This is a short article I wrote up on monitoring launch activities at Cape Canaveral, Florida. Enjoy.

doug

Attachments

• cape montioring guide_r1.pdf
    670.5 KB · Views: 140

MarcusDude

Premium Subscriber
Are these HF frequencies any good anymore:

5190 USB Cape Radio ETR Night Primary
5810 USB Cape Radio ETR Night Secondary
10780 USB Cape Radio ETR Day Primary
20390 USB Cape Radio ETR Day Secondary

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator
Are these HF frequencies any good anymore:

5190 USB Cape Radio ETR Night Primary
5810 USB Cape Radio ETR Night Secondary
10780 USB Cape Radio ETR Day Primary
20390 USB Cape Radio ETR Day Secondary
I heard that 10780 was tested the other day....but I have not heard anything on any of those frequencies.

I have also heard that NASA disassembled all of their HF antennas years ago (have not verified this) --- but it would make sense for them to remote into another HF transmit site rather than maintain their own systems.

Still worth taking a listen - but my guess is that HF is the backup to the backup.

doug

RohnsRadio

Premium Subscriber
I heard that 10780 was tested the other day....but I have not heard anything on any of those frequencies.

I have also heard that NASA disassembled all of their HF antennas years ago (have not verified this) --- but it would make sense for them to remote into another HF transmit site rather than maintain their own systems.

Still worth taking a listen - but my guess is that HF is the backup to the backup.

doug
Yeah willing to bet its a "Backup" Freq. Not like back in the Apollo and Spacelab days.

Status
Not open for further replies.