Cape May and regional area frequency request

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fast1eddie

Hello All,

We are going to Cape May for vacation soon, does anyone have a frequency list to share???
Guess I'll be taking my 8200 and PalStar R30, am interested in hearing pretty much everything, including maritme HF....

Thanks for your help,

Ed

DJ88

Click on this link for Cape May and surrounding area frequencies:

http://radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&ctid=1775

For marine frequencies go here:

http:www.marinewaypoints.com/learn/vhf.shtml

Coast Guard uses Channels 9, 16, 21A, 22A, 23A, 81A, 82A, & 83A
They also use these frequencies: (not sure if they use all of them but program them anyway)
345.000 - Primary Air Ops
237.000 - Secondary Air Ops
282.000 - Air Ops
383.900 - Air Ops
326.150 - Primary Ground Working
379.050 - Secondary Ground Working

Pleasure Boats can be heard on Channels 63, 65, 68, 69 & 71

Tow boats use Channel 17, which is the Marine Police VHF Channel

Enjoy your visit !

Last edited:

Fast1eddie

Thank you! Although I had viewed RR's NJ info earlier, I was looking for a more up to date listing...sometimes frequencies and such change, as with local custom there is always several "hot" freqs whose usage will contradict reference listings.

Looking forward to visiting the Cape!

Ed

mshumeyk

Premium Subscriber
I have visited Cape May for the last 8 or 9 summers and do have a Butel ARC250 file of Cape May area frequencies for my Uniden 296. If you have the ARC software I can send you the .mem file as is. If not, I can send it as a .csv (Microsoft Excel) file and you can use it as a regular list. I update it each year, with my last visit being last August. One interesting frequency I found is 150.995, used by the beach tag checkers. You hear some interesting comments by locals on what's happening on the beaches. Let me know if you'd like the file either way.

MVS

Fast1eddie

Cape May

Ok, sounds good. I'll be taking my 8200 and also have Butel-but have not had the time to fully exploit it. I'm a cop and free time is so rare these days.....but business is good!!

Thanks,

E

N2SWD

Cape May

I haves spent many years down at Cape May and North Wildwood, and it is very quiet in Cape May,even during the summer. I highly recommend that you program in the Wildwoods. Wildwood Crest, The city of Wildwood and North Wildwood. The best listening is The City Of Wildwood. they have the largest section of the boardwalk and the most action in my opinion.I have heard shootings and robberies that would compare to a large city enviroment, especially late in the evening and early AM hours when things get crazy .It is not like that most of the time,but thats where the action is.

Status
Not open for further replies.