Cape May Co Airport WWD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaymatt1978

Just noticed the 122.700 has been deleted. I have confirmed this morning the frequency is still very much active, yes I have submitted the change to the database. Just wondering if this was the glitch or someone has some information I overlooked?

nr2d

Premium Subscriber
122.7 MHz is a unicom frequency. There are no specific frequency FAA assignments for the frequency at WWD. Any base station located there is licensed by the FCC.

Last edited:

jaymatt1978

I'm confused I find many frequencies in to RR database without FCC licenses, especially business and even some public safety frequencies. It was there before and now it disappeared I

Ironically you referenced the Airnav.com which has 122.700 LISTED

122.7 MHz is a unicom frequency. There are no specific frequency FAA assignments for the frequency at WWD. Any base station located there is licensed by the FCC.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin

nr2d

Premium Subscriber
I know 122.700 MHz is listed that's why I included the link. In the aviation comm band, 118.000 - 135.975 MHz, there are frequencies that are assigned by the FAA. There are some frequencies that are assigned by what was known as ARINC and there are frequencies that are assigned by the FCC.

Any facility that is non-government but are within certain sub-bands the entity applies for a license through the FCC and the FAA sends it to the FAA for coordination and approval. These are mostly NAVAIDs like ILSs. I think the UNICOM frequencies are coordinated by the FCC. I haven't listened listened to the UNICOM frequencies in years but I know "little"/non-controlled airports that are in the same general area, like Flying W, Red Lion and Cross Keys are all on 122.8 MHz. Cape May County, Hammonton and Ocean City are on 122.7 MHz.

As for what's in the RR database I think GTR8000 answered your question.

jaymatt1978

Ok OK OK I get it but let's pretend I'm brand new to scanning and want to listen to air traffic in Cape May County . A friend of mine suggests RR.. I go to RR and according to the radio database the ONLY active air frequency originating at Cape May County Airport is 122.525. When I KNOW 122.700 is ACTIVE so why isn't it listed???

Bottom line You say nothing was deleted. You say Red Lion and Cross Keys are on 122.80 Fine whatever, I don't care. I'm just surfing around the database and noticing stuff that was there a few days ago is now gone. The data was accurate and it's now erased. I just find it a bit curious

'
I know 122.700 MHz is listed that's why I included the link. In the aviation comm band, 118.000 - 135.975 MHz, there are frequencies that are assigned by the FAA. There are some frequencies that are assigned by what was known as ARINC and there are frequencies that are assigned by the FCC.

Any facility that is non-government but are within certain sub-bands the entity applies for a license through the FCC and the FAA sends it to the FAA for coordination and approval. These are mostly NAVAIDs like ILSs. I think the UNICOM frequencies are coordinated by the FCC. I haven't listened listened to the UNICOM frequencies in years but I know "little"/non-controlled airports that are in the same general area, like Flying W, Red Lion and Cross Keys are all on 122.8 MHz. Cape May County, Hammonton and Ocean City are on 122.7 MHz.

As for what's in the RR database I think GTR8000 answered your question.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Bottom line You say nothing was deleted. I'm just surfing around the database and noticing stuff that was there a few days ago is now gone. The data was accurate and it's now erased. I just find it a bit curious
No, sorry, it was not there. I don't know what you think you saw, but you saw wrong. Here is further proof...the Sentinel database from before any change was made to add 122.525. Guess what's not there, and never was? 122.700

Justin, please don't be argumentative. You made a mistake and thought you saw something that you didn't, no big deal. We have your submission to have 122.700 added to WWD, and I'm sure someone will get to it soon enough. End of story.

1602727289280.png

jaymatt1978

Ok well 122.700 should be added and I submitted it! I confirmed it myself

No, sorry, it was not there. I don't know what you think you saw, but you saw wrong. Here is further proof...the Sentinel database from before any change was made to add 122.525. Guess what's not there, and never was? 122.700

Justin, please don't be argumentative. You made a mistake and thought you saw something that you didn't, no big deal. We have your submission to have 122.700 added to WWD, and I'm sure someone will get to it soon enough. End of story.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
And like I said, your submission went through, and someone will get to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.