Cape May County P25 Build out

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougWatkins

Been a concept for a while, but the county wide concept doesnt get much traction; particularly northern Cape May County. OC spent $$$ to go on Atlantic County's system and they have a robust dispatch system that also handles Upper Twp. SIC is independent as is Dennis Twp....I believe some other locales are using county dispatch but on their own frequencies or on the NJICS...I'm not holding breath...this subject has been bouncing around for years

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Cape May County is building out their own 700mhz P25 system that will have roaming capabilities with the state system
It's not a separate system, but rather is fully integrated with the NJICS system. Same setup as Union County, whereby the county cell is part of the same core and zone controller as the rest of the sites in the system. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't continue to operate as Site 6 once the rest of the sites in the county are built out and the county's frequencies are folded into the mix.

PS - They are moving the Courthouse site to the Library, and are adding an additional site in the Cold Spring area.

kd2pm

TETRA Techie
Premium Subscriber
InSite is an OLD Comcast site from back in the day...what a mess that building was...much better now. If I have to go to the water tank...I usually head to the flight deck for breakfast...but not at the moment of course.

wildbillx

Premium Subscriber
So this thread doesnt go wild here are some facts. Right now Site 6 consists of Erma Water Tank, CMCH Library, and Woodbine. Insite is being used for Lower Fire repeater, Lower Pd VHF repeater and some Marine Channels. A site will be going live which will be connected to NJICS at Insite soon. 3 more sites have been budgeted buy the county last year and will be built out. As for dispatching, County dispatches Lower PD, EMS, Fire, Wildwood Crest PD,EMS, Fire, Avalon Fire/EMS, Stone Harbor Fire/EMS/PD, Sheriffs, Fire Marshals, CBRNE, and RUST. Dennis Twp is dispatched by District 22, Sea Isle by their own, Upper Twp and Strathmere by Ocean City, Cape May by their own and Middle Twp by their own. There are a few towns that are testing radio reception on NJICS such as Belleplain EMS and Cape May Pd. GTR8000 with the info you have you must work for Moto or Wireless. Ed, let me know when you are down we will get takeout and bother Beetle.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
GTR8000 with the info you have you must work for Moto or Wireless.
That's news to me...I guess someone owes me some paychecks! Seriously though, not much point in publicly speculating like that, doesn't do much good.

kd2pm

TETRA Techie
Premium Subscriber
So this thread doesnt go wild here are some facts. Right now Site 6 consists of Erma Water Tank, CMCH Library, and Woodbine. Insite is being used for Lower Fire repeater, Lower Pd VHF repeater and some Marine Channels. A site will be going live which will be connected to NJICS at Insite soon. 3 more sites have been budgeted buy the county last year and will be built out. As for dispatching, County dispatches Lower PD, EMS, Fire, Wildwood Crest PD,EMS, Fire, Avalon Fire/EMS, Stone Harbor Fire/EMS/PD, Sheriffs, Fire Marshals, CBRNE, and RUST. Dennis Twp is dispatched by District 22, Sea Isle by their own, Upper Twp and Strathmere by Ocean City, Cape May by their own and Middle Twp by their own. There are a few towns that are testing radio reception on NJICS such as Belleplain EMS and Cape May Pd. GTR8000 with the info you have you must work for Moto or Wireless. Ed, let me know when you are down we will get takeout and bother Beetle.
Definitely need to harass Beetle. He lives for that stuff. Let me get with you later to see when we can do takeout. I need a trip to Cape May so I can stop staring at my basement walls and multiple monitors!

NParkNJ

On the Road
Definitely need to harass Beetle. He lives for that stuff. Let me get with you later to see when we can do takeout. I need a trip to Cape May so I can stop staring at my basement walls and multiple monitors!

Was just down there this past week. Everything is open. Washington Square has all outside dining. Definitely hit it up.

jaymatt1978

Come on down!! I'm always looking for visitors, even with all this mess going on! I've been known to take folks out to lunch or a drink or tywo or three

Status
Not open for further replies.