Capital Digitronics EDACS System. Albany Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
Just wondering if anyone has taken a look at this system recently. The programming for this in my PSR 500 is ancient. However, I’m still receiving talkgroups that aren’t listed here in the database. And...much of what is listed I do not have. So...I guess I’ll be setting up some wildcards to listen.
Just wondering if someone had something more up to date? We could compare and update the RR database. Thanks!

GlobalNorth

Premium Subscriber
If you are seeing TGs that aren't in the database, compile a list and submit the updated info for inclusion. The DB needs users to verify and submit to it to keep it current. I've found companies that have been out of business for years, communications companies that were taken over by others, expired licenses, obsolete systems, etc.

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
If you are seeing TGs that aren't in the database, compile a list and submit the updated info for inclusion. The DB needs users to verify and submit to it to keep it current. I've found companies that have been out of business for years, communications companies that were taken over by others, expired licenses, obsolete systems, etc.
Actually. Just a starting point. One TG for example is Albany Park and Fly (10-074). This is ancient info. Yes I know what needs to Be done. Perhaps I should have been more specific.
I’ll start by adding the ones in the db that I don’t have (before deleting what I have), then add 5-6 wildcards. Many of the older ones are most likely deprecated.

Does someone already have a current, updated, and verified list of TG’s for this system?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Most of the public safety has probably migrated to the various P25 systems in the area. Is Troy PD still operating on EDACS as primary? If so, that cracks me up, both the city AND county have P25 systems. 🤦‍♂️

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
Most of the public safety has probably migrated to the various P25 systems in the area. Is Troy PD still operating on EDACS as primary? If so, that cracks me up, both the city AND county have P25 systems. 🤦‍♂️
Good Morning.

Troy has A patch from their “newer” P-25 system to the Rennselaer County 800 system. So a bunch of old talkgroups I had were old and are now gone From my radio. They included TG’s for Troy, Albany County Sheriff’s, Watervliet, and some “unknowns.”

I‘m starting over with what is currently listed in the RR database while leaving approximately a half dozen TG’s I’ve had been (or was) hearing all along. Of those, there are two that are constantly on and have been for years - but are not listed in the RR database. They are:
08-110 - Unknown. Some kind of trucks making deliveries of dirt, mulch, or something?
10-074 - Albany Park and Fly - Parking Service near the airport. But I hear this might be either changing it’s services or going away. For now it’s active still.
the other ones I left had a lot of “hits” on the counters and I used to hear them. Will have to listen.
I also left a few wildcards to listen to the system for anything else and to confirm what I’ve got.
I now have to listen on and off before confirming anything.

kmontano

Yes, Troy is still actively operating on the EDACS with the dispatch talkgroup patched all time to the City P25 system and what seems to be an on-demand patch to the County's system.

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
logged troy yesterday on 01-022(law),01-045(dpw) and 01-046(pubutil)
Wow! Amazing. I deleted those thinking they were long gone! I still have older versions of this system saved. Makes me wonder…

Copied from above and very active:

08-110 - Unknown. Some kind of trucks making deliveries of dirt, mulch, or something? Who is this company?
10-074 - Albany Park and Fly - Parking Service near the airport. But I hear this might be either changing it’s services or going away. For now it’s active still.

Thanks for the updates!

Status
Not open for further replies.