Capital Digitronics EDACS System Frequencies & TGs

Status
Not open for further replies.

FDNY10-75

Database Admin
Does anyone have a complete list of the frequencies/lcns for all of the sites? Talkgoups?

All that we have in the DB is 1 TG for ACSO and 1 for Waterford PD, I know there are more...

Thanks

ig7180

Premium Subscriber
I realize this is an old thread but rather than start another with the same topic I hope my question is proper to add here.

While searching with a BCD996T near Amsterdam in Montgomery County NY I found a strong control channel on 858.5875 MHz. Based on a RR search I had thought this to be the Capital Digitronics (Capital District Public Safety) system Site 04 in Rotterdam NY described here:

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=5044

I downloaded the system info and monitored for several days but never heard any comms or TG activity using ID Search. Can anyone please confirm if my assumption about the system is correct and/or if the system is active. Note I cannot hear any other control channels for this system other than 858.5875.

D

DaveNF2G

That site uses ESK, which can prevent tracking by some scanners.

ig7180

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for the info about ESK. I am using a BCD996T with firmware v3.02.00. I am read the info presented on the RR ESK monitoring page here ESK - The RadioReference Wiki

Given my radio configuration and strong control channel signal from the site can anyone tell me if there is a way to confirm that my radio is properly 'tracking' the site and/or if ESK is preventing my radio from recognizing any type of traffic on Site 04 ?

I assume if analog I'd hear voice on the non-control channel albeit random if not tracked properly. At this time my radio scans through the site showing the control channel signal level and moves on, nothing in ProScan history log or auto-saved recordings.

Thanks again :eek:)

Last edited:

pro92b

Mutated Member
Premium Subscriber
Firmware 3.00.00 or newer supports ESK. If you scan all site frequencies conventionally is there any activity?

Version 3.00.00

Automatic support for EDACS systems that use ESK. No settings are needed for this support; ESK systems are automatically detected and tracked.

ig7180

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info pro92b, the BCD996T is running firmware v3.02. No comms heard on the freqs listed for Site 04 analog or other, just the control channel. I did not see any other systems listed in the area that could be generating an EDACS like control signal on 858.3875. FWIW the lack of trunked systems in Montgomery and Fulton counties is actually a blessing but has made this one a curiosity.

Status
Not open for further replies.