car charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrova

Hey all,
Got my new psr-500 last week, and I'd like to get a car charger for it. The manual has some minimum specs for a car charger (9vdc and at least 500-mA). I'm having trouble locating where to get one or it's been right in front of me and I'm overlooking the obvious. Can someone give me a suggestion or two on where to get that?
Thanks,
SV

LEH

Premium Subscriber
Radio Shack has chargers that will work in your car. Check this link. The tip can be changed (you'll need either a B or C tip) and polarity can be reversed (so be careful there, but it's pretty straight forward).

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
You could just get an Inverter ($40-$80 depending on output, size, and outlets) and plug any 120v device into it including your AC adaptor. I find these far more usefull and you dont have to buy a car-socket adapter when you buy electronics in the future.

you dont have to worry about tips, polarity, etc. Less to worry/think about and lose.

Last edited:

mrova

thanks

for the info...I was concerned about which one because of what they say to watch for. Did the search on Radio Shack but never saw that one...I understand about the tip. I hadn't thought about the inverter deal, which just might be what I do cause I have other junk that I could just plug in as well.
SV

Status
Not open for further replies.