Car Mount for Uniden436

Status
Not open for further replies.

RickSuthers

Does anyone have a recommendation on a car mount that would work good with the scanner. I'm not picky about the type, just something that would be functional. All ideas welcomed. Thanks.

redburgundy

Premium Subscriber
I'm using an Arkon mount.
But I've found the 436 to be unsuited for use in the car because the display is so busy with small narrow characters. Too hard to glance at the display and figure out what you're listening to.
Also, I can't get the backlight to come on and stay on when listening to digital transmissions.
Also, depending on the sun's position and the mounting angle, there can be annoying reflections off the display.

TedRHayes

I'm using a system utilizing RAM Mounts and ProClip Mounts. The wife said no permanent mounts in the vehicles so I use ProClip mounts specific to my vehicles (Honda CRV and Honda Odyssey) to provide a base to which I mount a RAM 1" ball. To that I attach a RAM arm, another RAM 1" ball and a device mount. I have a few different mounts for different radios/gps/etc. So far I've found the RAM Universal Finger-Grip™ Phone/Radio Holder (RAM-HOL-UN4U) works pretty well with the BCD436HP.

It may seem a little elaborate, but I've found it very versatile over the last 3-4 years. It allows me to reconfigure my radios/gps/etc with minimal effort (even moving from one vehicle to the other). I generally keep a small plastic egg-crate type basket on the floor in which a keep my various radio paraphernalia including a 1 to 4 slot cigarette lighter socket, and various cables.

Using a 3-4 foot section of plastic wiring harness tube from the auto parts store, I've also created a semi-permanent harness with the power, gps cable, and antenna cables. I've had a harness for my HomePatrol since it first came out, and now I've created one for my 436. These really helps manage all the cables in my non-permanent installations.

w2xq

Mentor
Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; DROID BIONIC Build/9.8.2O-72_VZW-22) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

I put my -106 into a coffee cup holder that hangs on the door or an a/c vent. Got it from a local truck stop. Abt $1.

Status
Not open for further replies.