Car remote Freq's???

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
Does anyone know what Car remote frequency's are? are all of them different? how does that work?
Thank you.
lookin to get in somewhere eh?
theres actually teams of people doing this now by using small transmitter on those frequencies to unlock doors of cars and rob them, then lock them back up like nothing happened

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
yeh, all you need now is a small transmitter that is programed to transmit on those freq that scans throuh them all and transmits!!!

KI4RDO

Silent Key
i know some of the older bmw's have recivers in 900Mhz i have set off a few car alarms with my 900mhz mts2000 on ham band

Unit114

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
yeh, all you need now is a small transmitter that is programed to transmit on those freq that scans throuh them all and transmits!!!

Where can I get one of these and how much does it cost?

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
try searching for it "underground" (ya know ebay and other sites that are from europe, and spy gadget sites i'm thinking) but i dont really know, ask your local thug

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
Just was reading this, and i too find it intresting. But, aren`t those kinda encrypted or something? Also, given the rather short range (100 feet max, give or take a few here and there with terrain and such), i`d bet you`d need a rather beefy (powerful...mabey a half watt or so) xmitter to do what you`re thinking on right? Just curious. Thanx. N9NRA

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
just Was Reading This, And I Too Find It Intresting. But, Aren`t Those Kinda Encrypted Or Something? Also, Given The Rather Short Range (100 Feet Max, Give Or Take A Few Here And There With Terrain And Such), I`d Bet You`d Need A Rather Beefy (powerful...mabey A Half Watt Or So) Xmitter To Do What You`re Thinking On Right? Just Curious. Thanx. N9nra

100 Feet :eek: where can I get one of those key fobs?
More like 20-30 feet :)

scrotumola

100 Feet :eek: where can I get one of those key fobs?
More like 20-30 feet :)

I've got an Autopage RS1000 and the literature that comes with it says it has a 1 mile range. Its a paging remote and I can remote start and even monitor the vehicle's interior temperature. Autopage units are very similar to Viper and Clifford alarm products and are all owned by DEI.

I have visually verified a 1000+ foot range. I was on the catwalk disembarking off of a gambling boat and I could see my truck. I hit the remote start button and it took the command. By the time I got to my truck it was nice and cool inside.

I've seen other autopage products that are on 433mhz, and if I am not mistaken AM, but the model I have is 900mhz FM.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
I've got an Autopage RS1000 and the literature that comes with it says it has a 1 mile range. Its a paging remote and I can remote start and even monitor the vehicle's interior temperature. Autopage units are very similar to Viper and Clifford alarm products and are all owned by DEI.

I have visually verified a 1000+ foot range. I was on the catwalk disembarking off of a gambling boat and I could see my truck. I hit the remote start button and it took the command. By the time I got to my truck it was nice and cool inside.

I've seen other autopage products that are on 433mhz, and if I am not mistaken AM, but the model I have is 900mhz FM.

does it have a screen like in james bond die another day where you can drive it from a mile away?

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
I guess my remote is pretty good. I would give it a good 100 yards. If you want to have fun, go by a car lot and hit your emergency button, I have actually made 3 alarms to go off at various Ford dealerships.

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
Now that sounds like a real hoot!! :) And i bet when ya do that the dealers get a smidgen cheezed off at ya...now THAT`S cool!! N9NRA

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
Oh, it's great! I'll just give my remote a squeeze and one of their vehicles will go off. The best part is that most dealerships DON'T keep the remotes with the keys! (I used to work at a dealership) They have to go out and use a key to unlock and car. I wait until they are almost back at the door and hit it again. I end up having to leave because I start to laugh!

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
ROFLOL :D! What does the car or cars that go off do? I know some of `em will blow the horn over and over (it happens here and folksies get all wadded up and call the police...witnessed one once when me and a officer that i know were just chatting and we heard it). That really sounds cool! What a hoot! N9NRA

scrotumola

does it have a screen like in james bond die another day where you can drive it from a mile away?

Not quite, although it does have an OLED color LED display, it is capable of displaying .gif/jpg animations and instead of using regular replacement batteries, it has 'permanent batteries' with a mini USB charging system. Charge it up once every 2-3 months with heavy use.

Status
Not open for further replies.