Car Service on Marine Ch. 63A

Status
Not open for further replies.

KARS

Feed Provider
Marine Ch. 156.1750 63A
Sitting here in Rock Hall MD listening to a car pick up service working on the Marine Frequency/Channel - full quieting, good audio....

From the address's look like the service is working the NW side of Baltimore.

Anyone else hear this as well? I'm using a new BCD996T. Hopefully it's not the rcvr.

Thanks

WadeBlake

Premium Subscriber
WHile that is a marine VHF Channel, Ch. 63A is not authorized for marine use except as noted: "Port Operations and Commercial, VTS. Available only in New Orleans / Lower Mississippi area.". [ http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/marcomms/vhf.htm ]. Elsewhere in US juristiction, that zone of frequencies are licensed to other land based use, and may not be exactly 156.175 MHz. Do a frequency search from the main RadioReference page for MD. Also a good possibility that it's an unlicensed operation using marine freqs as well; something common throughout the US! Wade

KARS

Feed Provider
Thanks Wade....

Did as u suggested, no on licensed in MD on 156.175 but just 5khz up at 156.180 there are 7 licenses issued in the State, 2 of which are just across the bay about 15 miles.
Next step is to tune 156.180 to see what I hear, would be a shame if this new BCD996T has an open front end.

Kind of new to this scanning stuff so I appreciate ur advice....

73's

Steve K3WKM

Status
Not open for further replies.