Car to Car Freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronson24

Premium Subscriber
Sorry for making all of these threads but I had havein to search for hours to find the anwser to my question... how can i get POLICE car to car freqs or talk groups... when i get my PSR-800 will it pick them up by it self and then i just remmeber the freq or talk gruop and load it to the computer and name it what i want too??

IowaGuy1603

Sorry for making all of these threads but I had havein to search for hours to find the anwser to my question... how can i get POLICE car to car freqs or talk groups... when i get my PSR-800 will it pick them up by it self and then i just remmeber the freq or talk gruop and load it to the computer and name it what i want too??

If the frequency shows up in the RR database it will be downloaded to the scanner

If the frequency is not listed in the RR database you can add it using the software.

Remember that many times Car to Car frequencies are not repeated so you would have only line of sight distance.

Bronson24

Premium Subscriber
If the frequency shows up in the RR database it will be downloaded to the scanner

If the frequency is not listed in the RR database you can add it using the software.

Remember that many times Car to Car frequencies are not repeated so you would have only line of sight distance.

I dont get what you are saying about

I dont know what REAPTERS are...I am new to this...And how do i know what Freq's are stored in and which are not? and How do i find the car to car freq's and TGID's?

satosi

A repeater is a transmitter that listens in on one frequency and broadcasts what it hears on another. They are useful for taking, say, a signal from a small handheld radio, and sending it farther than it normally would be able to go.

Your scanner should have some way of adding or deleting frequencies. You should be able to scroll through a list of entered frequencies to know what's in your scanner's memory. For the car-to-car freqs, look in the database on this website. To get there, click on "Database" at the top of the page and then go to your state and then county to get a list of radio systems there.

Bronson24

Premium Subscriber
A repeater is a transmitter that listens in on one frequency and broadcasts what it hears on another. They are useful for taking, say, a signal from a small handheld radio, and sending it farther than it normally would be able to go.

Your scanner should have some way of adding or deleting frequencies. You should be able to scroll through a list of entered frequencies to know what's in your scanner's memory. For the car-to-car freqs, look in the database on this website. To get there, click on "Database" at the top of the page and then go to your state and then county to get a list of radio systems there.

yes but What i am trying to find out is how do you find the Freqs or TGID's if they are not stored in my scanner because i have looked all over on this site and others there is hardly nothing for Polk County FL

satosi

Broadly, decoding is taking a signal, which really just consists of a measuring of the intensity and variations in the radio waves picked up by the receiver, and turning it into something that humans can understand.

Here is the database page for Polk County, Florida. Most public agencies seem to be on a P25 system. Based on the Wiki page for the PSR-800, it should handle a standard P25 system with APCO-25 voice just fine.

Bronson24

Premium Subscriber
yes but both of these just give me mainly Fire/EMS...I want police for my city...I guess i live in the SE region of polk county and want to monitor them...I also live right across the street from the polk county substation...i am sure i will be able to pick them all up???

satosi

I'm not sure what the memory architecture of the 800 is but I assume it's similar to the 500/600. Let's say you wanted to program in the central dispatch for the county sheriff. First you would create a TSYS (trunking system) object, set its type as a P25 system and add in the system frequencies. You might be able to enter the control frequencies only like for Motorola systems, but since there aren't any P25 systems I'm interested in in my area I don't have much experience with it. Give it a name like "Polk Co. Pub. Safety", or anything else you would like. Then create a TGRP (talkgroup) object, set its DEC number to 5007 or HEX 138F, and you're all set. You can set between DEC or HEX display, which both display the same number, but in different number systems.

If that is too confusing, since you're a premium subscriber, you can just use a program to download the entire Polk County System, delete the channels you aren't interested in, and send that to your scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.