Car vs train accident: Tues 3-13-2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

W9NES

7:53 AM Brownsburg Police and Fire are on the scene of a car vs train accident on us 136 at Raceway Road. I person has died in the accident. Radio Traffic is on safe-t talkgroup 7312 32 HCP DSP.Update at 8:53 AM The car was hit by the train and was pushed 30 feet down the tracks. The accident occured behind the Thifty Supply at 800 East Main Street on the east side of Brownsburg.

Last edited:

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
7:53 AM Brownsburg Police and Fire are on the scene of a car vs train accident on us 136 at Raceway Road.
Accident was actually about 3 miles west of Raceway Road.
The accident occured behind the Thifty Supply at 800 East Main Street on the east side of Brownsburg.
Thrifty Supply has moved. They are now in the 1000 block of E. Main St. in the former Marsh supermarket building.

Brownsburg rugby coach Jeremy Strange killed in truck-train crash | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com

W9NES

Bob, It was reported at 800 East Main Street behind Thifty Supply.This is what was on the Fox 59 Web Site as "Breaking News".Also Channel 13, Channel 8 and Channel 6 repotred that same infomation as Fox 59. Bob, the story was posted on line in The Hendricks County Flyer said in the story that the accident was in the area of 800 east main in the rear of Thifty Supply. There was no warning signals or crossing gates at the crossing. People in the area did tell Brownsburg Police that they did hear the CSX westbound train sound its horn before the train went thru the crossing.CSX officials told Brownburg Police that the train was 1,500 feet long and no tank cars were leaking after the accident occured.

Last edited:

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Tim, I stated a fact based on my own personal observation and you're contradicting me by restating information provided by the news media? You're saying that four local TV stations and The Flyer all reported the same incorrect information and you merely repeated, twice now, what they said without bothering to check your facts?

Thrifty Supply is no longer at 800 E. Main St. They used to be at that address, but they moved about three months ago. This is a fact and the media got it wrong.

I listened to the report that Brownsburg Fire Territory Batallion Chief and PIO Stephanie Martindale provided to The Indianapolis Star and she clearly said "old Thrifty Supply". The local news media apparently didn't pay very close attention to what she was saying or bother to investigate the situation themselves.

The point I am trying to make is that if you merely post what the news media says then you are no smarter than they are. Since the news media routinely reports incidents incorrectly or incompletely, your posts lack credibility when you just repeat what they said without checking your facts. You can do better.

W9NES

Bob, Sorry but The Hendricks County Flyer along with Channel 6, 8, 13, and 59 did say 800 East Main Street and this is where the location of the accident occured. Yes we know about Thifty Supply is not at 800 East Main. The Point is that the media said it happened at 800 East Main Street.The News media does not report incidents incorrectly or incompletly. Who cares about Thifty Supply and the location. The loaction of the accident was in the rear of 800 East Main Street.I have checked my facts 4 times Bob and all the newsmedia does all agree including the Hendricks County Flyer Paper. Please feel free to read to story on the Hendricks County Flyer's web site. It is in print in the story that the accdent was at 800 East Main Street. Sorry but I do not agree with your post If you will read the story on the accident from the Indianapolis Star the story in print also uses a address of " 800 East Main Street." The Story says nothing about a new Thifty Supply or a old one.

Last edited:

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Bob, Sorry but The Hendricks County Flyer along with Channel 6, 8, 13, and 59 did say 800 East Main Street and this is where the location of the accident occured.

You posted that it was behind Thrifty Supply. That's incorrect.

The News media does not report incidents incorrectly or incompletly.

Every time I think I see something from you that can't be beat - you set the bar higher!

aaron315

Oh Goody...
popc1%5B1%5D.gif

catfight.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.