Carbon Monoxide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nap

Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2011
Messages
142
Location
Ontario
Connecticut utility will not meet deadline to restore power to 99% of customers - CNN.com

"Eight people were reported to have died in Connecticut, half of them from carbon monoxide poisoning."

Since we're adjusting our clocks to summer time and supposedly replace batteries in fire/gas/monoxide detectors....

Please DO install monoxide detectors in your home, and if your home already has some detectors powered by mains, it is a good idea to install at least one that's powered by batteries.
 

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jan 4, 2009
Messages
7,977
The problem is people are using internal combustion engine powered generators inside of their homes and there is no where for the exhaust gases to go.
 

krokus

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jun 9, 2006
Messages
3,911
Location
Southeastern Michigan
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Some might be using a charcoal grill in the garage, for cooking.
 

KC4RAF

Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2006
Messages
1,594
Location
Davenport,Fl.- home to me and the gators and the s
Those detectors are cheap

at WalMart. Both the smoke and the carbon monoxide sell for ~$10 apiece. Down here in Florida, just about every time we get hit with a hurricane, there will be at least one death because someone used a generator in their garage. If only people would just realize the dangers of that GAS!
 

kayn1n32008

Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2008
Messages
5,638
Location
In the \'patch
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

newsphotog said:
Darwinism...
LoL, so true. Gotta wonder about the thought process when someone decides to use a generater or barbeque inside the house/garage.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top