carbon monoxide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
Apr 17, 2015
Messages
39
Location
Ste. Anne Mb.
Everytime I fire up my Heathkit SB 201 amp the carbon monoxide alarm goes off in my shack
Does anyone know why this happens and what can I do to prevent it!
 

jim202

Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2002
Messages
2,648
Location
New Orleans region
Everytime I fire up my Heathkit SB 201 amp the carbon monoxide alarm goes off in my shack
Does anyone know why this happens and what can I do to prevent it!
Your lacking in the details here. But in trying to read between the missing lines, I would say that when you transmit, you have way too much RF in the room. This can be caused by a number of things. The first would be a high SWR from your antenna. You could have some poorly shielded coax cables being used. The transmitter is lacking a good, low resistance earth ground. The transmit antenna is too close to the detector. My last guess is the detector is poorly designed and is sensitive to the RF from your transmitter.

One thing you could try is to reduce your transmitter output power and see if the problem goes away.

Other than the above suggestions, your going to have to supply the details before anyone is going to come up with any good pointers to resolve your issue.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top