CareFlite DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottm467

I livein NW Ft Worth and i'm interested in monitoring CareFlite's DMR system. Is there anyone litening from Ft Worth area who can tell me if it's worth buying a DMR scanner for it. I already here them on Tarrant County Air VHF channel.

ce2576

I livein NW Ft Worth and i'm interested in monitoring CareFlite's DMR system. Is there anyone litening from Ft Worth area who can tell me if it's worth buying a DMR scanner for it. I already here them on Tarrant County Air VHF channel.

Scott,

I just got the Uniden HP436 with both the DMR & ProVoice upgrades. There is definitely a bit of Careflite traffic on the DMR system. You'll hear them dispatching their Dallas transport units (500's) and their Hill County Medics (300's). And of course you will hear them dispatching and talking back and forth to their helos. I also hear '700' medic units but not sure it they are the ones in Balch Springs or Celina. So far no issues picking up the DMR system. Only issue is for whatever for reason the dispatcher audio is very loud, wheras the medics audio is lower. I have to offset my volume to -2 just to offset the loudness of the dispatcher audio. Same problem exists for the Careflite ground units on the FWRSS. Needless to say it isn't an issue exclusive to the DMR system.

RIght now the DMR upgrade for the Uniden scanners is either $50 or $60 I can't remember which. But is expected to go up from what UpMan said in one of the Uniden forums here.

Hope this helps,

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
I wouldn't spend the money for that alone. Typically, you're going to hear them or request for their helicopters on the local FD channels anyway. If you want to hear them dispatched to areas that you don't typically monitor, it might be worthwhile.

jason51

Scott,
I live very near you, and in my opinion, yes, the DMR scanner will be worth it. There is a lot of traffic on DMR for careflite and other private ambulance companies in the DFW area.

Status
Not open for further replies.