Careflite Radio ID's

Status
Not open for further replies.

riverradio68

Feed Provider
Anyone have a working list of Careflite radio ID's? I think CF3 is 88117. Been getting into these ID's on several systems lately. Kinda fun to use them.

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
Anyone have a working list of Careflite radio ID's? I think CF3 is 88117. Been getting into these ID's on several systems lately. Kinda fun to use them.

They also use RIDs in the 7XXXXXX values on the P25 systems on their P25 radio on the aircraft.

CareFlite Dispatch appears to be 88275, 88276.
CareFlite 6 appears to possibly be 88114 on the MHz system and 7095207 on the Fort Worth Regional Radio System.
Also have another RID for CareFlite 3 on MHZ of 88136.
CareFlite 5 is possibly 88028.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Remember that while the copter may be identifying as "CareFlite 3", "CareFlite 6", or any of the other units, it may not always be the same helicopter; you may see more than one UID for any of them. The 'normal' aircraft for a given position may be out of service for repair or routine maintenance, and the flight is using one of their spare helicopters. Last I saw it noted, this was the lineup of assigned units, though it may have changed since I saw this list:

CF 1 N428CF Harris Fort Worth

CF 2 N429CF Methodist Dallas

CF 3 N419CF Granbury

CF 4 N417CF McKinney

CF 5 N412CF Gainesville

CF 6 N416CF Whitney

riverradio68

Feed Provider
They also use RIDs in the 7XXXXXX values on the P25 systems on their P25 radio on the aircraft.

CareFlite Dispatch appears to be 88275, 88276.
CareFlite 6 appears to possibly be 88114 on the MHz system and 7095207 on the Fort Worth Regional Radio System.
Also have another RID for CareFlite 3 on MHZ of 88136.
CareFlite 5 is possibly 88028.

I have ID: 88275 for Dispatch, 88117 for CF3 and 88129 for CF6 captured off the HOWE tower over the last 3 days. I can never seem to catch CF1 though I hear his tones just fine, he doesn't seem to reply on my tower site. CF3 has been responding to Gainesville yesterday so 5 might be down. I think when they were on TXU each crew member carried their own radio so that might be why we are seeing so many ID's for the unit. Good info, thanks guys!

riverradio68

Feed Provider
Careflite Air Dispatch 88275
Careflite Air Dispatch 88276
Careflite 1 Ft. Worth 88004
Careflite 2 Dallas 88114
Careflite 3 Granbury 88117
Careflite 3 Med Crew 88136
Careflite 4 McKinney 88273
Careflite 5 Gainesville 88028
Careflite 6 Whitney 88129

CF4 was the hardest to get but I just 'landed' it today.

Harold

Premium Subscriber
Careflite Air Dispatch 88275
Careflite Air Dispatch 88276
Careflite 1 Ft. Worth 88004
Careflite 2 Dallas 88114
Careflite 3 Granbury 88117
Careflite 3 Med Crew 88136
Careflite 4 McKinney 88273
Careflite 5 Gainesville 88028
Careflite 6 Whitney 88129

CF4 was the hardest to get but I just 'landed' it today.
Just keep in mind the Number signifies the Base at which the helicopter is stationed when they receive a call. While most of the time the same helicopter is on station at that base, it is Not always the case. If a helicopter is down for maintenance, a different helicopter will fill in, and use the call sign for that base. The radio ID will be different. It might be better to attach the radio ID to the N Number of the aircraft.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Just keep in mind the Number signifies the Base at which the helicopter is stationed when they receive a call. While most of the time the same helicopter is on station at that base, it is Not always the case. If a helicopter is down for maintenance, a different helicopter will fill in, and use the call sign for that base. The radio ID will be different. It might be better to attach the radio ID to the N Number of the aircraft.
That's what I was trying to get at in post #3. While the flight might be dispatched to "CareFlite 3", when I look at Flightradar24, the aircraft I see may be something other than N419CF. And often, if I did not hear the original dispatch, when I look at Flightradar24, the aircraft in use when it passes over my address is none of the 'assigned' tail numbers. (I'm southwest of Methodist Central in north Oak Cliff, so a lot of times I hear copters overhead, such as CareFlite, Dallas Air 1, or one of the PHI copters that are going to, or from, the Desoto Helipad.)

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
DPS 101 is the same way. IT can be a number of helicopters the state has but when its flying over DFW and this region its DPS 101.. Even if its a fixed wing aircraft.

rbarker

Robert
I just heard a dispatcher on the LCRA P25 System. They are CAREFLITE 7 i don't have a talkgroup yet..

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I just heard a dispatcher on the LCRA P25 System. They are CAREFLITE 7 i don't have a talkgroup yet..
That may be a TGID for communications with local agencies either for scene response, or passing patient status to one of the hospitals. If that is what they are using it for, then at some point you might also hear them on GATRRS.

rbarker

Robert
I can't absolutely confirm it but I believe I found Careflite 7 on talkgroup 6558 LCRA P25. I will continue to monitor it. They are still based out of Burnet, Tx Airport

JRR4607

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know the frequencies to Careflight and Medevac Patient information to hospitals?

rbarker

Robert
Careflite 1-6 work off the DFW Trunked Radio System since they are in that area. Careflite 7 is new out of Burnet/Llano Co and works off the LCRA P25 system on talkgroup 6558. Most of the time, they will call their dispatcher and have them "patch" in the hospital. Usually by phone. So they give their patient reports that way. I know there is a new Medivac system in Waco but I haven't seen any frequencies for them yet. Find out where they are based out of A hospital? they may be on that hospital's system.

ArkTex

KA5AAA
Premium Subscriber
Careflite 1-6 work off the DFW Trunked Radio System since they are in that area. Careflite 7 is new out of Burnet/Llano Co and works off the LCRA P25 system on talkgroup 6558. Most of the time, they will call their dispatcher and have them "patch" in the hospital. Usually by phone. So they give their patient reports that way. I know there is a new Medivac system in Waco but I haven't seen any frequencies for them yet. Find out where they are based out of A hospital? they may be on that hospital's system.

The Dallas System is the megahertz one linked, correct?

I'm trying to get the helis based in Mckinney.

Harold

Premium Subscriber
The Dallas System is the megahertz one linked, correct?

I'm trying to get the helis based in Mckinney.
The CareFlite 4 base at McKinney National Airport is dispatched on the Megahertz system. Dispatch channel is referred to as Tones and flight following is Scene 3.

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
The CareFlite 4 base at McKinney National Airport is dispatched on the Megahertz system. Dispatch channel is referred to as Tones and flight following is Scene 3.
Likewise, I have heard CareFlite talking to Medical City Plano MedCom on the Frisco P25 system several times with patient care reports as they were inbound to Medical City Plano.

Status
Not open for further replies.