Carlisle Pa

Status
Not open for further replies.

markandjere

Premium Subscriber
I see that Carlisle PA has its own radio system . Can some one tell me how to enter it into my pro-96? I realize that I probably won't hear anything here at home but I pass through there on a regular basis. Do I just enter in the frequencies listed or do I need to change any other settings ? Forgive the ignorance of the question ,as long as I have had this scanner I should know a lot more about it. Thanks

captclint

Mentor
I see that Carlisle PA has its own radio system . Can some one tell me how to enter it into my pro-96?
You will need to set up a Moto Type II 800Mhz system. Here's a cheat sheet that should help. Programming Shortcut Pro-96 - The RadioReference Wiki under "Storing known trunked frequencies". You only need to enter the control frequencies that are in red. However, doesn't look like a very active system based on talk groups. Once you get it programmed, you can set the scanner to run in the "open" mode and get all the action without having to enter any of the talk groups.

Last edited:

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Thank you CC

Please let us know if PD is still using this system when you get it set up. Since Cumberland Co moved to OpenSky, we never get updates from there. There is a lot of information for that county that needs verification (all the local PW/PD/FD freqs including this trunked system and the Lower Allen trunked system). I have a feeling that a lot of the stuff listed on the page is outdated, but without input, my plan is to just leave it...which bothers me.

markandjere

Premium Subscriber
I have heard traffic on the Carlisle system not too long ago . I had the control channels in the scanner but I was playing around with the v-scan function and erased the memory. I just re-entered it the -correct way I hope- I will let you know what I hear . If there is anything else you want me to check on please let me know ,you can send it via PM if you like. I don't recall seeing a Lower Allen system listed ...............

Mattsenft

Premium Subscriber
I can confirm as of present that Carlisle PD, Carlisle Fire Police, Carlisle Public Works, and Dickinson Public Safety are still active on this system

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
I have heard traffic on the Carlisle system not too long ago . I had the control channels in the scanner but I was playing around with the v-scan function and erased the memory. I just re-entered it the -correct way I hope- I will let you know what I hear . If there is anything else you want me to check on please let me know ,you can send it via PM if you like. I don't recall seeing a Lower Allen system listed ...............

If I recall correctly after knocking the cobwebs loose, I removed the Lower Allen system from the DB last year based on input that it was no longer in service with the move to OpenSky. That's why you don't see it. I'm getting forgetful.

Status
Not open for further replies.