CARMA Meeting Spring 2023 Stevens Restaurant in Woodridge IL

Will You Be Attending the Upcoming CARMA Meeting in Spring 2023?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
I plan on holding a CARMA meeting sometime this spring. There will be notice well in advance, of course. It will most likely be on a Saturday in April or May 2023, from 11:00 am to approximately 3:00 pm at Stevens Restaurant in Woodridge. We will get a private room, have separate checks, great service, and food. I hope to have a few speakers on topics such as Starcom21, DU-COMM, ACDC, Laraway Dispatch, and how encryption will affect CARMA members. Stay tuned to this forum, groups.io email list, and Facebook.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
I hope there was a good turnout for the meeting! Unfortunately, my work schedule prevented me from attending.

As a Radio Reference database admin, I've got to ask if there were any "new" frequencies or systems discussed that could be submitted to the database.

Thanks!

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
We had approximately 25 attendees. As far as frequencies I didn't copy any down if/when they *may* have been discussed. We had three speakers, with details on the CARMACHICAGO Facebook group.

Maybe next time, Kevin, if your schedule permits.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
We had approximately 25 attendees. As far as frequencies I didn't copy any down if/when they *may* have been discussed. We had three speakers, with details on the CARMACHICAGO Facebook group.

Maybe next time, Kevin, if your schedule permits.
Is there anyone who attended the meeting and might have made notes of any new freqs or information that *may" have been discussed?

I would have been there if I could. I'm so looking forward to retirement and not having to work nights and weekends.

Thanks....

p25man123

Premium Subscriber
On top of that, were there any dispatch representatives at the meeting apart of ACDC or DU-COMM? If so, have they spoken about regarding encryption?

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
A special shout-out to CARMA members Paul Hughes & Dave White. Both guys came through for me to settle what could have been a Kerfuffle, but it turns out that it actually wasn't. The good news is that everything has been settled, and we will continue to have our upcoming luncheon/meetings at Stevens Restaurant and they will still honor separate checks. Participants must bring their food bills directly to the cashier, and not to the server to take care of.
--
Will Sperling W9WSS
Co-Director & Moderator
Email: carma+owner@groups.io