Carmel - Hamilton County joining MECA

Status
Not open for further replies.

W9DOW

Premium Subscriber
I hear Hamilton County is joining MECA. When is this happening? As I don't normally monitory Marion Co. how will that affect me?

GTO_04

I hear Hamilton County is joining MECA. When is this happening? As I don't normally monitory Marion Co. how will that affect me?

That is surprising news! I thought Hamilton County was upgrading to their own Motorola P25 radio system. MECA is now known as Indianapolis Department of Public Safety (IDPS). That was one of the options when the decision was made to dump the EDACS system and switch over to a P25 system. It is my understanding that option was not chosen.

The switch is supposed to take place around January of 2015.

GTO_04

Dispatch2323

Premium Subscriber
Hamilton County is going to their own P-25 system. They will have mutual aid channels with Marion County. The system will have partial ENC. Some channels will be in the clear.

GTO_04

Hamilton County is going to their own P-25 system. They will have mutual aid channels with Marion County. The system will have partial ENC. Some channels will be in the clear.

Similar to what MECA does with their SWAT, internal affairs, and Special Ops TGs?

GTO_04

bamx2

It is my understanding as well, they will be able to "roam" on to meca towers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
They will also have access to SAFE-T P25, as will Marion Co. Negotiations still ongoing as to whether the future will show both Marion and Hamilton as SAFE-T P25 simulcast sites.

A

Agentblack

This couldn't be further from the truth. Please inform whomever told you this to do some fact checking.

Last edited by a moderator:

SCPD

QRT
Ok time to get some facts out for all of you. Hamilton County is building there own P25 system it will have some Encryption on tacs detective, swat and so on it will NOT be total encryption. This system will be able to use IP and Microwave links with MECA IDPS System It will also be linked if need be to Safe T when I get more info I will pass it on
Tower sites and names being used are as follows and new equipment being installed Some are TX and RC Locations
LAWRENCE
FISHERS
ZIONSVILLE
WALTZ
NOBELSVILLE
FISHERS FS
HORTONVILLE
FORTVILLE
CARMEL
Here are the TX Locations that I have been made aware of keep in mind if you are not near a TX location and not using a beam far out from one of these listed locations it will be like MECA IDPS hard to hear or garbled audio
Transmit Location
10701 Cumberland Road
Fishers, IN
HAMILTON County

Transmit Location
12451 Brooks School Rd.
Fishers, IN
HAMILTON County

Transmit Location
NE EDGE OF VILLAGE
HORTONVILLE, IN
HAMILTON County

Transmit Location
14949 E 104TH ST
FORTVILLE, IN
HAMILTON County

Transmit Location
ONE BLOCK WEST OF INDIAN LAKE ROAD AND 75TH STREET INTERSECTION
LAWRENCE, IN
MARION County

Transmit Location
8792 E. 281st. St.
Atlanta, IN
HAMILTON County

Transmit Location
10818 Deandra Dr.
Zionsville, IN
BOONE County

Transmit Location
550 INDUSTRIAL DR
CARMEL, IN
HAMILTON County

Transmit Location
3.0 MILES EAST OF
SHERIDAN, IN
HAMILTON County

Transmit Location
18161 Presley Dr.
NOBLESVILLE, IN
HAMILTON County

ONE HAMILTON COUNTY SQUARE
NOBLESVILLE, IN
HAMILTON County

SCPD

QRT
Transmit Location
10818 Deandra Dr.
Zionsville, IN
BOONE County

The new tower at 106th and Michigan Road/421 on the Zionsville Boone County Side that sits back off the road is now built and the antennas are being installed on it. So things are moving along nicely
this will help a lot in this area that had issues in the past.

GTO_04

Transmit Location
10818 Deandra Dr.
Zionsville, IN
BOONE County

The new tower at 106th and Michigan Road/421 on the Zionsville Boone County Side that sits back off the road is now built and the antennas are being installed on it. So things are moving along nicely
this will help a lot in this area that had issues in the past.

Thanks for the update! Some of these other towers also look to be new ones. Are they completed as well?

GTO_04

SCPD

QRT
Yes some are new but most are old like HORTONVILLE is the Safe T Tower it is a mix of old and new and agreements made for tower space. The one at 106 and 421 is a new one it sits back off of what I believe is a sewage treatment plant just off of 106th street on the Zionsville side. All the Microwave links are now approved and some more administrative work still to be done on the other frequencies before you will see apps in on the FCC web site. They have some time for build out for the new system it is moving along fine so far I know Carmel has put in for the frequencies coordination’s to hand over to Hamilton County now so wont be to long till you will see apps put in.

A

Agentblack

Yes some are new but most are old like HORTONVILLE is the Safe T Tower it is a mix of old and new and agreements made for tower space. The one at 106 and 421 is a new one it sits back off of what I believe is a sewage treatment plant just off of 106th street on the Zionsville side. All the Microwave links are now approved and some more administrative work still to be done on the other frequencies before you will see apps in on the FCC web site. They have some time for build out for the new system it is moving along fine so far I know Carmel has put in for the frequencies coordination’s to hand over to Hamilton County now so wont be to long till you will see apps put in.

The tower at 106/421 is not a new construction tower. It was an existing tower and it does not sit on a wastewater treatment facility property. It sits on the back corner of an industrial warehouse property.

SCPD

QRT
The tower at 106/421 is not a new construction tower. It was an existing tower and it does not sit on a wastewater treatment facility property. It sits on the back corner of an industrial warehouse property.

Transmit Location
550 INDUSTRIAL DR
CARMEL, IN
HAMILTON County
http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/license.jsp?licKey=2561194
Click on location tab shows this address for the Microwave link

Ok this site you need to take it up with the FCC this is the site address they have info on and listed as a transmit site then Hamilton County sent in the wrong info to them witch I don't think they did. As far as 106 and 421 I personally have been over there and there is a water treatment plant there and a
Industrial warehouse property all at the same location. All my information is from people in the know and NOT from you. I am not going to argue facts with you time will tell and backed up facts

any one needing info on new system contact the persons listed on any of the FCC info they can get you to the right people with the right info and not Agentblack

SCPD

QRT
I stand corrected the 106th and 421 Tower is in the other side of 106th north side of 106th just in the Zionsville side either way it will greatly improve that area coverage even in P25 Digital and the waist water plant I was revering to is the Clay Township Waist Water Plant for that area and is in the south side of 106th. There is work being done on both towers in that area but both are NOT related to one another.

kd4wcl

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know what talk group and frequency Carmel is using as of 3/21/15 (today)? RR downloads are working great except for Carmel.

SCPD

QRT
Anyone know what talk group and frequency Carmel is using as of 3/21/15 (today)? RR downloads are working great except for Carmel.

This link is where you can find Carmel and Hamilton County it is the most up to date and has the correct info and Carmel is up and running fine right now on IDPS SYS 3

Indianapolis Department Of Public Safety Trunking System, Indianapolis, Indiana - Scanner Frequencies

Also see this thread it has good info in it as well

http://forums.radioreference.com/in...m/297593-hamilton-county-new-p-25-system.html

kd4wcl

Premium Subscriber
Thank you, goham. It was "user error" on my part using the ARC536PRO software to program my BCD536HP. Everything works now except voice is garbled sometimes due to multipath distortion. Not too bad most times though. I live on the far west side of Carmel and Hamilton County at 131st and Shelborne. Wonder if the officers have the same problem with the distortion.

SCPD

QRT
Thank you, goham. It was "user error" on my part using the ARC536PRO software to program my BCD536HP. Everything works now except voice is garbled sometimes due to multipath distortion. Not too bad most times though. I live on the far west side of Carmel and Hamilton County at 131st and Shelborne. Wonder if the officers have the same problem with the distortion.

I would recommend if you aren’t already to use the Radio Shack 800Mhz Rubber Duck antenna it works much better than the telescopic the 536 comes with however you would have to order one online since Radio Shack Stores are closing now. The nearest Hamilton County Tower for System 3 “Carmel” is at 106th and Michigan Road area for you. There are some settings you can try on the 536 to clear up the garble or chopping sound you may have.

Status
Not open for further replies.