Carnival cruise ships

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingpin

Trailer Park Supervisor
I was just on there in December. I had too many women to look at to worry about listening to a scanner, so I didn't bring one. I did not notice the staff using traditional HT's. What I saw was really like a cordless phone, most likely a wireless PBX system. I leave a few miles from the port. Next time she's in, I'll do some scanning to see what I can come up with. Truthfully though, since most of the staff is NOT from the US, I wouldn't bank on hearing much intelligible traffic.

ecps92

I sent CJ an email with the Lat/Lon of what looks like a nice little park, just down from the Cruiseport that would likely be a good location to sit and monitor, right near a small airport.

Altho, not in english the Freq/Tone info is still valuable.
Here in Boston we get many of the French and German lines, yet you can still figure out some of the usage :D

I was just on there in December. I had too many women to look at to worry about listening to a scanner, so I didn't bring one. I did not notice the staff using traditional HT's. What I saw was really like a cordless phone, most likely a wireless PBX system. I leave a few miles from the port. Next time she's in, I'll do some scanning to see what I can come up with. Truthfully though, since most of the staff is NOT from the US, I wouldn't bank on hearing much intelligible traffic.

garys

Premium Subscriber
It's only within the last couple of years that cruise ships returned to Mobile. It's a growing port, but that's mostly for container ship traffic. Airbus opening the assembly plant at the former AFB was a pretty big deal, and now Walmart is building a distribution center which will likely also increase ship traffic.

The Mobile Bay area is very nice, but it's not that easy to get to. Which limits how much cruise ship traffic is likely to come into the harbor.

Try flying into Mobile from the northeast and you'll see what I mean.

Yeah I think it's because for a few years there were no cruise ships in mobile.

Status
Not open for further replies.