Status
Not open for further replies.

Ckanaday

I will be going on the Carnival Dream on the July 16, 2017 cruise. I will be purchasing a baofeng radio before the cruise.

A. What baofeng radio will I need to purchase to use on the cruise ship? Which radio has the best use for the cruise?

B. What frequencies will I need to program into the radio to use?

ecps92

To use for what ??

Monitor the Cruise Ship?
Communicate with the Family on/off the Ship ?

More info is needed here.
I will be going on the Carnival Dream on the July 16, 2017 cruise. I will be purchasing a baofeng radio before the cruise.

A. What baofeng radio will I need to purchase to use on the cruise ship? Which radio has the best use for the cruise?

B. What frequencies will I need to program into the radio to use?

Ckanaday

Sorry for the late response. I will want to monitor the Cruise Ship and also monitor the ports as we go in.

ecps92

A Scanner would be best, for Freq agility and the ability to SEARCH for other frequencies.

And as many line/ships are migrating to DMR, one that supports MotoTRBO would be best

Sorry for the late response. I will want to monitor the Cruise Ship and also monitor the ports as we go in.

pinkfish457

I was on the Carnival Dream last year. It spends the first 7-8 hours of your trip in the Mississippi River. I would include Coast Guard, and if you can find it, the frequencies for the Mississippi River Pilots, which guide the ship from port to the mouth of the river.

Status
Not open for further replies.