Carolina Beach state park

Status
Not open for further replies.

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
I am going to Carolina Beach and Wilmingon area to visit family. We are staying at a cabin at Carolina Beach State Park. What all can I listen to? That's not encrypted, if anyone in the area can email me and let me know please.

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
Well you should be able to listen too just about everything.

The only thing to my knowledge down that way is the New Hanover/Wilmington Law Enforcement Talkgroups are encrypted.

Hope this helps

David

NYRHKY94

In addition to what Yardbird has indicated, the talk groups for Pleasure Island and ILM Airport on the New Hanover County P25 system are also Encrypted based on my monitoring. I've submitted that info to RR recently. Everything else is in the clear including the beach talk groups.

theoldcop

Premium Subscriber
Be sure to program VIPER into your scanner, however you might want to narrow the TG's that are of more interest to you as VIPER is statewide in nature.
It is sad that the local PD's feel the need to encrypt everything. My monitoring enjoyment took a serious hit when that occurred.

I am going to Carolina Beach and Wilmingon area to visit family. We are staying at a cabin at Carolina Beach State Park. What all can I listen to? That's not encrypted, if anyone in the area can email me and let me know please.

basstuba

Premium Subscriber
What does nc hp cit stand for.I was picking this up late this pm.

basstuba

Premium Subscriber
Above post should be in viper.sorry for the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.