Carolinas Country Music Festival

upstatesc

Premium Subscriber
This year our beach vacation overlaps with the start of the Carolinas Country Music Festival, so it will be my first opportunity to monitor it. I'm guessing the MB Fire Department dispatch channel will be pretty active, and I see a Myrtle Beach PD Special Ops/Events talk group in the database.

Does anyone have any other tips or feedback on what has been very active in the past during the Festival? We stay up north usually, so typically I use a custom Favorites list with my SDS100 & SDS200 that primarily focuses on that area, with Myrtle Beach police active as well to hear the overall craziness that is now Myrtle Beach.

lands818

Premium Subscriber
Can’t advise about the festival, but I’m down here near Murrells Inlet this weekend as one bike week is finishing up and another bike weekend just kicked off in the area. My HP2 with custom favorites for the area has been non stop on Horry P25 and Palmetto 800 systems. (I’m fortunate that I’ve found a sweet spot that the simulcast on Horry isn’t a factor). Very heavy proactive law presence but a lot of people still testing the boundaries. Even though most bikers are good people, there are always those few! Hopefully the music festival will be better behaved, but it should still make for interesting listening. Seems like even with the biking activities that most traffic is being carried on usual channels/TG’s. Enjoy!