Caroline county 158.790

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herodog

I have been 158.790 caroline county police channel does anyone no what al that noise is it another system bleed over or maby another system has the same freq. I here them clear and then noise it got so bad some time that I locked them out if anyone nos let me no ?

dtscho

Database Admin
It could be interference from an adjacent STARS frequency. Does your scanner have CTCSS/DCS tone capability? Adding the tone (186.2) to the frequency might help.

Dave

W4UVV

STARS Div 1 Site 105 Rumford

I have been 158.790 caroline county police channel does anyone no what al that noise is it another system bleed over or maby another system has the same freq. I here them clear and then noise it got so bad some time that I locked them out if anyone nos let me no ?

Most likely your interference is from the STARS Div 1 Site 105 voice repeater at Rumford, King William Co. on 158.7975 mhz. As recommended if you have not programed a 186.2 CTCSS tone do so. It should resolve the problem.

John
W4UVV.

Herodog

Thanks for the info. That makes sense yeasterday I thought I heard state police come across the 158.790 frez. On my pro 106 scanner but my home scanner is a old analog desk top that make that noise when I put both scanners side by side analog scanner made noise and the pro106 had some state police traffic so you are right thanks so much!!! Caroline is geting a new radio system soon any how hope when they go to new 700 mhz system it will take care of the noise thanks again for info!!

Status
Not open for further replies.