Caroline County Md Freq

Status
Not open for further replies.

engine32

HI
Dose anyone know what the correct Freq and talkgroups for Caroline county md I tried the freq for radio reference and they do not work
Thanks

engine32

Hi
So how do i find the talkgroups all can see is the 700 freqthe talkgroups
i found the talkgroups
Thanks for the help

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
You have a couple of talkgroups with an 'E' in them - these are full time encrypted. You'll never get anything from them....Mike

maus92

Premium Subscriber
A lot of sheriff's departments / local law enforcement is encrypted on the Upper Eastern Shore (except Kent) for some reason. Wicomico, Worcester and OC haven't follow that fetish - I mean trend - yet. MSP and NRP dispatch channels are also in the clear.

hill

Premium Subscriber
Looking at other posts from Engine 32 that he has a BCD996XT. That scanner can't receive Phase 2, so will be out of luck for Caroline County or any other users on Maryland First.

lt12ehvfc

Hello all:
Just getting back into the scanner world and have some questions. Santa brought me a bcd536hp and I am using the Sentinel software to program the scanner. I live in Caroline County, and am attempting to monitor Caroline and surrounding jurisdictions. It used to be as simple as programming the UMES Consortium years ago. Can I still do that, or do I have to use the FIRST system with the Caroline simulcast? If I have to use the FIRST system, can I program in Talbot, Queen Anne's, and MSP and monitor them all on the Caroline simulcast? Please help! Thank you so much!

maus92

Premium Subscriber
You will need to program FIRST as UMES is not used for public safety (or much of anything) anymore. You can disable (Avoid) most of the sites on the system that are not nearby if you never travel. The sites that you want to keep active are Caroline Simulcast, Federalsburg ASR, Talbot Simulcast, and probably Queen Anne Simulcast. Keeping these sites active will enhance the probability of hearing the traffic of interest, assuming that you can receive all these sites at your location. There are other factors that can influence what you will hear, but it gets complicated. Also understand that most Sheriff's departments on the upper Eastern Shore have decided to encrypt their communications, so you won't be able to monitor them. MSP does not encrypt their routine comms, nor does NRP.

lt12ehvfc

Thank you so much for your quick response! I have a wide band base antenna that I plan to mount on a mast outdoors, so we'll see what it can pull in. So if I'm creating a favorites list, I should be able to program those systems as well as the multiple simulcast sites that you mentioned all in the same list without any conflict?

maus92

Premium Subscriber
FIRST is one system, so basically you only need to add that one system to a Favorites list. The sites are components of the system, and you only need the sites I mentioned to be active; all the others can be avoided. You should also avoid all the department / agencies / talk groups that you have no interest in hearing. Be aware that an outdoor antenna can help receive distant sites, it may also increase the possibility of interference that your radio was not designed to counter. The actual performance will be specific to your location.

Maybe "tvengr" will read this and post a file that you can import into Sentinel to make it easy for you if you are having trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.