Carrilion Lifeguard New Freq use

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Appears Lifeguard has added another MURS frequency to their repertoire.

Was down in Roanoke tonight and heard Lifeguard in comms with their dispatch on MURS 154.570 with a PL of 151.4 which is the same PL as the other MURS freq they use which you pick up in the Lex area mostly it seems.

Someone down that way may want to monitor all the MURS channels to see if they use the other three as well.

I know they are still using 385 and 800 for channels. Not sure if they are simulcasted or not

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Its the helicopter communicating with their base ops center. I'm not talking about air ground scene comms here.

So yes it was air ground in that sense.

The other MURS freq 600 has been in operation for quite a while now. This was new to me. Same thing, air to base comms not ground scene comms.

They usually use local freqs for ground scene comms.

That is why I suggested someone down that way monitor to confirm it wasn't a one off type thing. I only heard a couple minutes of traffic and then I was out of the area without hearing more.

The 600 freq I've been hearing for more than a year I think. So its long term use and I sent it in to the DB some time back.

ZeroGravity

Premium Subscriber
154.570 [PL 151.4] originates from Carilion NRV Med Center in Radford.

Based on the signal, I'm betting much more than 2 watts....

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Thanks ZG, hopefully they will put it in the DB now that its identified and confirmed as well has having a location.

I wonder where the 600 is based out of since it seems to be north.

Status
Not open for further replies.