Carroll Co. switchover to Starcom

Status
Not open for further replies.

patmcc24

WRTA578
Feed Provider
Reliable source advised all Carroll Law Enforcement will be switching to Starcom but not Fire due to cost... I have been told all radios were purchased and are being installed in-house but still awaiting funding on Dispatch Console Upgrades.... So thought now would be a good time to get started with any traffic that may be heard as well as TGID's and RID's

patmcc24

WRTA578
Feed Provider
@patmcc24 Do you know if the switchover will include FD/EMS?
No Fire or EMS except for Command vehicles for each department is what i gathered... Funding is the issue there.. I am sure a few Departments will get radios on their own like maybe Shannon (already has a few?) Savanna, Lanark.... I can see Thomson and Milledgeville being Whiteside is in process of changeover and those border Whiteside for Mutual Aid... but at this time I assume it is up to each Fire District if they wish to participate.

ltginrage

No Fire or EMS except for Command vehicles for each department is what i gathered... Funding is the issue there.. I am sure a few Departments will get radios on their own like maybe Shannon (already has a few?) Savanna, Lanark.... I can see Thomson and Milledgeville being Whiteside is in process of changeover and those border Whiteside for Mutual Aid... but at this time I assume it is up to each Fire District if they wish to participate.
It kinda sounds like what DeKalb Co is doing with their new P25 system. They have a permanent patch between the 2 fire channels and FDs can switch at anytime they get the funding. Right now there passing around a handheld radio from department to department to let each department try it out. I'd imagine Carroll would do the same but who knows.

ltginrage

There is a major MVC at 52 & Chambers, LFD is telling the members to switch to a fireground on starcom21 so they're not cloggin dispatch channels

Status
Not open for further replies.