Carroll County EMS PL Tone

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
The RR database lists the tone being used on 154.130 as being either DPL 023 or 114.8 Hz, depending on how the channel is used.

For more than a month, I have been able to hear the channel occasionally during the morning hours, but the tone being used is 186.2 Hz.

Anyone know if they may be using multiple tones for selection of specific EMS / Medic repeater sites ?

Also, is the Carroll Co information regarding this channel (154.130), and the use of 159.045 and 155.265 on RR correct ? Based on the multiple uses indicated for these three frequencies, the information appears to me to be askew.

Thanks.

CCHLLM

I have it in the scan list with PL and DPL and still haven't heard what I would consider to be a normal amount of traffic on the frequency, so I believe the RRDB info must be a bit askew. It didn't follow logic before when I tried monitoring based on the db. I can confirm traffic on 114.8 some time back when there was a mega pile-up in the fog on I-77, but as for recently, I've heard zippo when scanning with the PL and DPL engaged on the receiver, and I haven't bothered to go to CSQ and monitor the channel in the meantime or do a tone search if did hear something.

CCHLLM

Well, as of today, the only PL in the above speculative list that I can confirm for Carroll traffic is 186.2, but I'm not looking at the receiver all the time, so it could be stopping momentarily on the three 154.130 channels I have programmed with those tones as it checks for the proper code. If I catch it stopping, I'll turn on the tone scan and see what it finds.

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
Thanks, WX, for your assistance. I probably wouldn't have noted this one, except that mobile units make reference to dispatch as "Carroll" or "Carroll County" occasionally.

If you happen to hear a simulcast of Wilmington (NC) Fire, I'd also appreciate knowing, since they supposedly still simulcast dispatches on 154.130 / 186.2 (my original target).

OT - WX ... I don't know if you knew him, but Chief Eddie Bliven of the Roanoke Island VFD passed away at home of cancer last Sunday (09/22). He was 62, with 42 years as a member of the department. He had surgery for the kidney cancer in 06/2005, but more was found at the end of this past July.

CCHLLM

I didn't know him, but I always hate to hear about one of the bretheren passing away.

Status
Not open for further replies.