Carroll County Fire Band

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
I am hearing traffic on a new repeater in Carroll County.

453.2625/458.2625 PL 114.8

It is licensed to the village of Malvern WQGV606, but I am hearing traffic from all Carroll County Fire Departments. Possibly a patch from 33.94

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Volfirefighter said:
I am hearing traffic on a new repeater in Carroll County.

453.2625/458.2625 PL 114.8

It is licensed to the village of Malvern WQGV606, but I am hearing traffic from all Carroll County Fire Departments. Possibly a patch from 33.94

Interesting, thanks for posting that. Might want to submit that to the RRDB if you haven't already. I'll give a listen. I'm too far to hear anything on 33.94 but some of the fire stations, but I do listen occasionally.

Mike

xusmarine1979

I'll try it out in Louisville. Thanks for the find! Does anybody know about the SO? I hardly ever hear them on the low-band.

Last edited:

xusmarine1979

Well, I listened to this channel from home all weekend and it actually came in great from Louisville (Stark Co). They were quite busy with brush and field fires.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
xusmarine1979 said:
Anybody know what these frequencies are used for?

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?cs=WPMR952

Likely nothing, but possibly something. Looks like a conventional 800 mhz system that Staley was going to install for Carroll Co (probably the SO) but never got around to. One site on Avon Rd and one site at Atwood Lodge.

90.617 - RADIO SYSTEM WILL BE USED BY LAW ENFORCEMENT PERSONELL EMPLOYED BY THE CARROLL COUNTY SHERIFF S DEPARTMENT

License grant 3/24/2004
License expiration 11/24/2013
License cancelled 2/10/2006

WPMR952

Mike

xusmarine1979

What is their primary use of communication, do they only use the low-band? I can listen to all of the other surrounding counties of Stark except Carroll.

Last edited:

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
xusmarine1979 said:
What is their primary use of communication, do they only use the low-band? I can listen to all of the other surrounding counties of Stark except Carroll.

39.72 is the only thing I have ever heard them on - of course:

39.34 is the mobiles, 39.72 is the base / dispatch. The mobiles likely can talk direct to each on on 39.34 as well. I haven't verified this though. I can't pick up the mobiles from here. In this day and age I can't believe they are still simplex.

At any rate, and for what its worth, the Carroll Co SO often communicates with OSP over on MARCS - I doubt the mobiles have MARCS radios, but the SO does (every county SO has a MARCS radio I believe) and I hear them once or twice a day talking with OSP.

I haven't listened to the Carroll SO in a while - I just don't have good coverage of Carroll Co as far as listening to mobiles.

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
The license for the SO lists the transmitter as being at the courthouse in Carrollton. Not sure what kind of coverage they have - probably fairly fringe outside of Carroll Co. But I used to hear the base from northeast jefferson county quite well in my previous location.

The SO license lists 39.34 mobiles, 39.72 base, and 39.58 (probably both base/mobile). 39.58 is a common freq in OH for SOs, at least used to be. Maybe they talk on there as well.

mike

Status
Not open for further replies.