Carroll County Fire depts. receive grants for purchase of MARCS radios

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
Not sure how soon they will make the switch but they are moving forward to the MARCS system.

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
Back in the day Carroll County was using 33.94, than they finally moved to 400 band. I guess its time to move forward since they are getting the grant money. MARCS will be much better for mutual aid with surrounding county's.

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
At the end of the article, they mention a new communications tower. I wonder if they will go with a simulcast system incorporating the current towers?

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Lead Database Admin
At the end of the article, they mention a new communications tower. I wonder if they will go with a simulcast system incorporating the current towers?
Highly unlikely in Carroll County. They only put in simulcast sites where traffic needs and income from subscribers justify the costs, both one-time and recurring.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Not sure about that. I'd guess not, but hey what do i know. Right now there are only two towers actually _in_ the county, Dellroy and Kensington. I believe the new tower they are suggesting to build would be replace the existing one at Rt 9 / 171 across the street from the old MRC Global. Right at the intersection where there are seemingly about 50 accidents a year.

Mike