Carroll county SO NXDN??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
I was just wondering if Carroll CO SO went to NXDN and if it was encryption or not? Thank you
I submitted the updates. They are on a 4 site countywide system with Carrollton PD. Im working on mapping out County Fire & EMS currently. No Encryption is in use or planned.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
I put 6 sites on accident but have yet to change it. They are sharing the system under two separate licenses. Fire/EMS is possibly using the remainder of the towers but the DB was overdue by 5 years for an update.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Fire and EMS were still on their conventional UHF as of last month. Are they all going NXDN?
I pulled Fire & EMS nxdn 1 week ago. 911 was calling Battalion 1 or some fire offical with EMS on a call. I know it was them and not another department, ill share my layout once I get home.

KyFireFreak

Feed Provider
I pulled Fire & EMS nxdn 1 week ago. 911 was calling Battalion 1 or some fire offical with EMS on a call. I know it was them and not another department, ill share my layout once I get home.

It would be nice if they would tell their mutual aid what they are doing wouldn't it? I'm guessing communicating with mutual aid units outside of their county will get interesting.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
It would be nice if they would tell their mutual aid what they are doing wouldn't it? I'm guessing communicating with mutual aid units outside of their county will get interesting.
They still have VHF licensed and the towers j am assuming will still work in analog/mixed mode.

k4ktr

Premium Subscriber
Ok here is the deal im directly involed with the CC radio system at this time and it has been this way for 2 years CCSO/City of carrollton PD are NXDN this system was put in 2018 there are 4 sites total Bells Ridge (water tank) Butler Hill water Tank
Jackson Ridge water Tank and dividing ridge water tank. At the same time the police vhf repeater was killed off 2 years ago. EMS is Still analog on vhf And fire is still analog on uhf on there main fire repeater located on mound hill rd. How ever the city purchased 4 additional repeaters in 2019 and placed one at each of the repeater sites with the idea of having the FD go digital at some point but right now all of those repeaters are in analog only mode with the only one being used is the FD dividing ridge repeater. Ghent fd uses it on occasion. But all the main fire is still analog on the mound hill frequency they call DISPATCH.

Status
Not open for further replies.