Carrollton "Metro SRT" talk group?

Status
Not open for further replies.

procopper7005

Premium Subscriber
I am in the north Dallas area this week and am listening to Carrollton PD/FD online feed.

It appears to be scanning several TAC talk groups used by detectives. I heard one detective tell another that he was testing the 'scanner app' to see if their surveillance was able to be monitored. A few minutes later he instructed all units on "OPS 2" to switch to "Metro SRT" becuase it wasn't able to be monitored online. I then no longer heard any type of surveilance activity after this, just regular patrol stuff.
It sounded like they were about to start some sort of burglary suppression detail in a certain neighborhood looking for a certain group of suspects. Its possible their suspects were known to use the online scanner app.

Does anyone know is "Metro SRT" an unknown talk group on the Carrollton TRS or is this on another TRS?

Also this tends to show LE is now avoiding being broadcast online. I am willing to bet when Carrollton goes digital sometime in the future they will be encrypted.

n5ims

While I can't say for certain (I didn't hear that transmission nor the related ones), they probably switched to one of the "Systemwide" channels listed in the RR database. I often hear similar traffic on one or more of those channels. These were setup to allow easy communication during cross-agency situations when the three major cities (Carrollton, Farmers Branch, and Addison) created some specialized teams to handle specific tasks in the three cities. These teams would allow the cost for special training and equipment to be pooled by the cities to help provide better service at less cost.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Technically according to RR live scanner feeds terms only normal dispatch channels are allowed to be broadcast to feeds. Detective channels, swat, surveillance are all not allowed.

procopper7005

Premium Subscriber
Technically according to RR live scanner feeds terms only normal dispatch channels are allowed to be broadcast to feeds. Detective channels, swat, surveillance are all not allowed.

The feed is only broadcasting dispatch, fire, and regular tac tg's normally only used by patrol. It just so happens that marked patrol units and detectives were in on some roving surveillance operation and used a patrol tac tg.

The point of the post was really to show that LE is very aware of their presence on the web and are taking steps to limit it.

Status
Not open for further replies.