Carry case for my PRO-96 & BCD396T radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

lebrunmn

Retired... Get off my lawn!
Premium Subscriber
Hi all-

Paul from Oz was kind enough to show us his 396T carry case, and I thought I'd share my handheld scanner carry case--made from an old Iomega portable zip drive padded case. Of course the zip drive has gone the way of the dodo, but whenever I can, I like to take a few portables with me--espeically if I'll be staying in a hotel somewhere. It passes the time, and keeps me from staying in the bar too late.

The first photo shows the outside of the case--good padding, zippers on three sides, and with a nice web handle.

The Second photo shows the interior:
1. Netting for a doc holder on the upper left--don't forget your FCC Ham license--it's come in handy.
2. Antennae go into the upper right pocket.
3. Main compartment on the left side holds the radios, along with a padded/velcroed cover over the screens to avoid any scratches.
4. Just above the radios is the wall wart for the 396T.
5. To the right of the radios is the white wall wart for the 96, along with a few other odds and ends.
6. The last pocket in the right corner holds a few earpieces, and the cigarette lighter adaptors for the radios.

The Third shot is a closer view of the radio/accessory compartment

Lastly, the fourth shot shows the radios with the screen protector flipped out of the way, but still velcroed onto the bag, so it doesn't get lost.

Hope you like it--it's got quite a few miles on it.

Best regards,

Attachments

• Iomega carry bag-outside-lo res.jpg
    Iomega carry bag-outside-lo res.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 950
  • Carry bag open lo res.jpg
    Carry bag open lo res.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 949
  • Carry bag interior-with screen prot2 lo res.jpg
    Carry bag interior-with screen prot2 lo res.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 996
  • Carry bag interior-no screen prot lo res.jpg
    Carry bag interior-no screen prot lo res.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 1,026

xpawel15x

That's really neat and safe for the scanners. I use a similar pouch for my Pro-97 and Pro-96 when I'm on the go. But this is great. Thanks for showing.

Status
Not open for further replies.