Carrying Radio Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

tanger32

Hi All,

Just wondering what we all use to carry our radio gear around?
I used to use a Pelican 1450 case which was cut out with sections for all my gear but I found it a real pain to carry it around, espically to work everyday.

I have now got two plastic tubberwear lunch box's which I use, one has my work stuff (tools, cds, usb HDD) and one has my radio gear, uniden 396t, Icom IC v82 2m Ham, chargers for both, aerials, programming cables and other bits plus manuals and frequency lists.

These cost $10 where as my pelican case cost $300, these do a good job and means I can quickly grab what I need.

Anybody else got any ideas.

Paul

radio10-8

When I am out working or driving around I use a black nylon "Bail out" type bag with outside pockets to hold my Yaesu VR120, BC246T and my Motorola. I also have a pelican case that I have used to hold scanners, night vision scope, flashlights and knick knacks. I love flying with that pelican case because I can carry it on or have it go underneath and it won't be damaged. In the car I use a cup holder with a round piece of dense circular foam that holds scanners securely,

countywacker

I use tool bags from sears 1 bag has my tools in it and the other carrys my radio stuff like extra battries,chargers and lapel mikes. I am getting a few more due to having more stuff and no ware to put it.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Didn't I see a "How do you carry your scanner on the beach?" thread a while back? Sheesh! Must be a rubber thread.

"I use my hand."
ILYn4 (;->)

davidd2957

I have my Pro-96 in a soft leather case with the belt attachment which I use to carry the scanner. Also have a set of earphones to complete how I carry my scanner.
David D.

CommShrek

Sometimes I bring my Yaesu VX-7R to work with me and I have it in a small Pelican hardcase with custom cut foam inside. It holds the radio, a stubby duck antenna, a 17" whip hi gain antenna and an SMA to BNC adapter.

The few times I brought my Pro-97 I just put in the pouch in my backpack where the water bottle is supposed to go.

Napalm

Premium Subscriber
don't you know REAL men [scannerists] hold their radios BETWEEN THEIR TEETH.

Hoooo yuss..

:D

Generally my radios goes into whichever pocket is nearest.

scandan780

CommShrek,

What is the make & model of that 17 in antenna that you use with your vx-7r? I (new ham)have a vx-7r and I'm looking for an antenna replacement. Also what is the model number for the pelican case?

Thanks,
Dan KI4QJM

CommShrek

scandan780 said:
CommShrek,

What is the make & model of that 17 in antenna that you use with your vx-7r? I (new ham)have a vx-7r and I'm looking for an antenna replacement. Also what is the model number for the pelican case?

Thanks,
Dan KI4QJM

The antenna is a Comet SMA-24. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat. It works great. The case is black and it's a Pelican Model 1040. The case was given to me by a friend and it happened to work. You might find a case that's a little better though.

Last edited:

ampulman

What I use to 'Tote' my scanner

Once while browsing my local Totes outlet, I spotted a neat little padded utility bag (approx outside measurements are 3-1/2 w x 2-1/4 deep x 5-3/4 high) with adjustable carry strap.

Picked one up (was about $10 or less) and it nicely holds my PRO-46 with antenna stuffed inside, while I stroll the mall (w/earphone). My short lived PRO-96 also fit nicely. Hope to have a BCD396T soon--guess I'll have to add some additional padding.

scandan780

CommShrek,

Thanks for sharing your info. I'm going to look into getting that antenna. Hope it improves my transmitting capabilities from my house to my local ham repeaters. I'll also look up that pelican case. Thanks again.

Dan KI4QJM

Status
Not open for further replies.