Carson City services on Washoe EDACS

KG7PBS

And I forgot to add how impressed I am!

Guys guys it's okay he just making money on the backs of public safety personnel. Just know this when he leaves that radio shop he works at. All the encryption keys and all the radios he owns they get wiped. He'll be just in the dark like the rest of us

Reactions: B

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Guys guys it's okay he just making money on the backs of public safety personnel. Just know this when he leaves that radio shop he works at. All the encryption keys and all the radios he owns they get wiped. He'll be just in the dark like the rest of us
Wait what!? Tax payers pay for a secure radio system, he's a contractor, he gets access to the system? Then boasts here that he "Knows a secret but can't say because of NDA" If that leak happened in my Air Force days he'd be in jail. Sensitive classified material is not something you post about " I know but can't say". Is he not aware his ip could be hacked from posts here? Doesn't that open the door? I wouldn't buy a radio system from someone like that.

Cameron314

Wait what!? Tax payers pay for a secure radio system, he's a contractor, he gets access to the system? Then boasts here that he "Knows a secret but can't say because of NDA" If that leak happened in my Air Force days he'd be in jail. Sensitive classified material is not something you post about " I know but can't say". Is he not aware his ip could be hacked from posts here? Doesn't that open the door? I wouldn't buy a radio system from someone like that.

I'm sure they do.
It's not "classified material" but that doesn't mean he did sign an NDA not to give it out. Pretty common.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
I'm sure they do.
It's not "classified material" but that doesn't mean he did sign an NDA not to give it out. Pretty common.
Agree not classified but be clear on the rest I'm confused? He said he has a NDA. Did he sign it or not? My point why talk about that? What gain? Only to post to ham and scanner hobby folks reading this that he knows but can't talk because of NDA. That's a mental problem like he feels ahead of some people because they aren't privy to his knowledge about a radio system. The whole "I've got a secret" mentality. It's just wrong and conflicts with the interests of this forum and website. The betterment of radio listening. Let alone the customer paying and wanting the system unknown. That's a huge problem for me if I was a customer.

Cameron314

Agree not classified but be clear on the rest I'm confused? He said he has a NDA. Did he sign it or not? My point why talk about that? What gain? Only to post to ham and scanner hobby folks reading this that he knows but can't talk because of NDA. That's a mental problem like he feels ahead of some people because they aren't privy to his knowledge about a radio system. The whole "I've got a secret" mentality. It's just wrong and conflicts with the interests of this forum and website. The betterment of radio listening. Let alone the customer paying and wanting the system unknown. That's a huge problem for me if I was a customer.

No clue what he signed, not really any of my business.

com501

If one were to peruse the licenses for Carson, one could ascertain the frequencies involved in the new channels. The NAC, PL, DPL and or use of encryption would rely on one getting into the city and near a fire scene to figure out.

Not everything is as easy as looking it up on some Wiki.

Or, you could just call the Carson radio tech on the phone, he might give it to you. After all, he is a 'ham'. (But probably won't- is my guess- I'll pose that question this weekend when I see him for lunch.)